Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Rant of the day

Here's mine for the day.....The wife and I both got new printers a few weeks ago...HP 7510 all-in-one printers. I set hers up first..no problem. Set mine up after hers and I got an email from eFax that contained my fax number and pin number...ok so I didn't think much about it. Now weeks later, she is all of a sudden not receiving faxes. Trying to investigate the reason brings me to my rant. I need the pin number to go along with her fax number when I visit eFax web page...well I don't have the pin number. Never received one to my knowledge. No problem I thought..I'll just click the "forgot pin number" button and let them email it to me.....well that don't work...I never get the email. Ok...I'll call their toll free number..no big deal I thought...but here's the kicker....I NEED TO KEY THE PIN NUMBER INTO THE PHONE TO GET TO THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE! How am I going to do that if I don't have the pin number! I'm going to try to get in touch with them again today but I'm not looking forward to it. Oh...and sorry for shoutin" :hammer:

Love it....It's like when IT departments send you your email password and login to your email account and the only way to raise a service request is via email! Which you can't access 'cause you don't have the login and password.

Good Luck!

nobody ever said IT were smart people...Just look at the buffoons at best buy

The best is when you call the cable company because the internet is down, you listen to a ridiculous menu choice and press the button for internet not working and the message tells you that you should go to www........................... for assistance/trouble shooting. Had to be some educated idiot with a marketing degree who decided the message for internet outage should tell people to go to the website via the internet. :surrender::thud:

That is when I usually very loudly yell a couple profanities into the phone and the idiotic circle of recordings is immediately broken and a live person answers. ;)

Well I found a phone number for eFax that connected me to a person instead of a menu. Took all of about 30 seconds to fix the pin number problem. I feel better now but I did tell the person that it was a stupid menu selection they had on the 800 phone number when you didn't have your pin number! I feel beter now! Did I say that already?

nobody ever said IT were smart people...Just look at the buffoons at best buy

you don't seriously think there are IT people at best buy, do you? the geek squad is just a sales operation filled with people who managed to make their manager think they know about computers.

i've worked in IT for ages and can tell you that when we see "geek squad" on a resume, they automatically get put into the trash.

lol...yup, you would be correct on that one bb

My rant today:

Somebody dropped off a laptop, it belongs to a foreign exchange student (high school) and I got to a point of loading the boot loader but won't start windows 7. (wouldn't even boot before that) I know it's full of malicious crap because I found iMesh, frostwire and limewire along with 20+gb of music and another 20+gb of video using a linux live cd to back up. My rant is that this thing is all in french and I do not know lick about french! I had to use google translate just to locate the restore partition in the restore manager (HP laptop) There was a language selection in the restore manager but it did not include english as one of the languages...grrr.