Sign in to follow this  
Joe C

Microsoft's Surface

Doesn't look good for the M$ Surface right out of the gate

Some early adopters of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet have reported their Touch Cover keyboard splitting at the point where it connects to the device.

http://www.zdnet.com...189/?s_cid=e019

Edited by Joe C

you would've thought that M$ could have spent some time on R&D before putting it on the market

The iPad came out in April 2009, so they literally have had 3.5 years to study the competition.

The iPad came out in April 2009, so they literally have had 3.5 years to study the competition.

too bad they only went as far as trying to mimic the o.s. and not the tablet itself

if you think windows 8 mimics ios in any fashion then i don't think you've used windows 8. if anything, it mimics dog crap filled with pieces of colorful crayons that the dog ate.

BB be nice to the crayons, it's not like they had a choice in the matter after all :P

if you think windows 8 mimics ios in any fashion then i don't think you've used windows 8. if anything, it mimics dog crap filled with pieces of colorful crayons that the dog ate.

don't get your panties in a wad, I stated that M$ was trying to mimic ipads

sales are currently dismal for windows 8 compared to 7 and just about anything else too, including Linux :rofl3:

Data collected during the week ending November 18 -- three weeks after the operating system's retail release -- puts Windows 8 usage at just 1.19 percent, behind not only Windows XP, Vista, and Windows 7, but also Mac OS X 10.8, 10.7, and 10.6, and even the underdog of operating systems, Linux.

http://www.zdnet.com...890/?s_cid=e019

Edited by Joe C

MS are virtually giving it away.

It will be a war of attrition as you can only buy W8 laptops etc now, so by default it market share will grow.

It's still poor though, poor OS, poorly implemented.

don't get your panties in a wad, I stated that M$ was trying to mimic ipads

no need to be rude about it, joe. i'm simply stating that i disagree with you. it's okay to have different opinions, you know.

MS are virtually giving it away.

It will be a war of attrition as you can only buy W8 laptops etc now, so by default it market share will grow.

It's still poor though, poor OS, poorly implemented.

not true. you can still buy laptops with windows 7. remember when vista came out and they tried to stop selling xp? that didn't go over very well...

it does remain to be seen how much longer they'll sell windows 7 systems, however.

Edited by badbinary

It wasn't my intention to be rude bb, my apologies.

It just seemed like you posted a very defensive post about windows and ios, and upset about it.

Edited by Joe C

lol

nope. i just find windows 8, in general, to be offensive. :yup:

Read post #9

not true. you can still buy laptops with windows 7. remember when vista came out and they tried to stop selling xp? that didn't go over very well...

it does remain to be seen how much longer they'll sell windows 7 systems, however.

Much be different in the states. All the mainstream suppliers are fully W8 in the UK.

the oems don't have a choice, if ms says only install w8 then that's what they will install, so i agree with nigsy soon after the old stock has been sold you won't be able to buy a win 7 desktop/laptop.

speaking of tablets, just bought 2 nexus 7's for xmas present's and i can tell you they are great and would recommend anyone wanting a tablet to consider one. :mrgreen:

:b33r: