SKPYE JUST WON'T WORK

Had been using Skype on my notebook for the past couple of months till last two weeks when I couldn't log in at all. Check Firewall no problem there, thought Trend was blocking it, IT guy tested for me and disabled it still didn't work. Tried uninstalling and re-install the program again, yet still can't log in.

Been scratching my head wondering what to do next? Any learned advice will be much appreciated.

The best advice i can give, is when one fails, use another!

You always have to have a backup plan, personally i can't stand skype due to it's limitations, however that's me...

But these guys never failed me, i get more from it, more people at the same time for free.

https://tools.google.com/dlpage/hangoutplugin

That's just the plugin, i guess you need chrome and at least a gmail or google+ account to get started.

The good part is that it's a browser plugin, nothing needs installed like skype has to be on your system separate from browser.

I think it's worth getting folks to move to google hangouts, it works on all platforms, even ipads etc...

Unfortunately its not by choice that I chose Skype, as I never really like installing such programs like MSN and Skype. Its much too disruptive but due to work requirement, it is used as a tool to communicate between my colleagues abroad. Seems like they swear by it... :nono:

Is it just a password problem - Have you tried downloading it and setting up a new account? under a different user name etc?

Or can you sign in to your current account on a different PC?

Skype will lock accounts if they think there has been suspicious behavior on it.

They have good online support through IM Chat.