Change Mode

TREND MICRO TITANIUM MAXIMUM SECURITY 2012

I have just purchased on line the latest Trend Micro Security. However, my main grouse is that it forces me to uninstall all other Anti Malware softwares such as Spybot and Malwarebytes (which I swear by as one of the best and most updated Anti Malware around) before it will install. I feel the least Trend could have done is to at pre-inform the consumer on the incompability of its software with any Anti Malware or Anti Virus on its website. At least we as the consumer can make a informed choice of whether to proceed with the purchase.

Hi. :)

Did you have both Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Protection Module and Spybot S&D's TeaTimer feature enabled? If so they would be in conflict with Titanium Maximum Security and actually lesson overall online safety for example.

However I see no reason why you could not have both Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Spybot S&D installed but kept as merely on-demand scanners only...

I had a similar problem a couple of years age, and wound up having to totally remove Malwarebytes (as in REVO Uninstall). I then re-installed whatever software I was adding, THEN re-installing MBAM. A quick look at other forums indicates that the Trend Micro Max is very picky about this. I don't know if you'll be able to simply uninstall/reinstall MBAM; or if you will have to remove the Trend micro and start over (with MBAM uninstalled).

I haven't used Spybot for several years, so I can't give much advice on that one.

As Mammoth says, run both those guys as on-demand scanners.

Edited by poru

I had managed to reinstall Malwarebyte after installing Trend. What I didn't like was as a consumer I was not given a informed choice to choose whether I wanted to purchase Trend if I knew there will be conflicts between other Anti Spyware programes I might have. Again I do wonder if Trend does not permit the installation of other Anti Spyware when it is running, legally does that mean if my PC gets infected as a result, will they be liable for not being able to perform as accordingly?

That the thing, being on the internet, I seriously doubt any one single Anti Virus or Malware program would be able to detect everything. Hence, shouldn't these programes be complimenting each other rather then eliminating each other out. Perhaps I am being a little idealistic in thinking so.

Edited by mattboy

If you're talking about active, real-time blocking, then multiple anti-malware is nothing but grief. It's the reason why there is only one security guy checking back-stage passes. Two guys would just get in each others' way, with no increase in security. So you really need to pick one; there are plenty of suggestions/opinions around. Check out this site for an excellent discussion of the virtues and drawbacks of a variety of programs.

Now if you are thinking about passive scanning, multiple programs make sense. I run Panda, MalwarebytesAntimalware, and Superantispyware.as scanners. Used like this, I have no problems of interference. To stop the baddies from ever getting in, a good firewall is the ticket (again, only one!) There are a couple of programs that CAN run actively -- Spyware blaster, and Winpatrol .