Sign in to follow this  
Ky Colonel

MOUSE POINTER COLOR

I have a friend (old but not blind yet) that has a hard time seeing the mouse pointer..

so, is there a way to change the color of the mouse pointer.. maybe if I could make it bright red or some other color that would help.

Adding the shadow and mouse trails helped but not much.

Does anyone know of a program that will let me change the color ?

Thanks for all the help. It's running win7 ultimate..version.

Edited by Ky Colonel

In Windows 7 Control Panel go to Hardware & Sound/Mouse. Click the pointers tab and then select ehe "Scheme" menu, there you can change the pointer to Large Black or Extra Large Black. Those are the only options I know of other than shadows and trails...

Hope it helps!

:geezer:

There must be a way, my 10 year old son has Spongebob as his mouse pointer! Might be a download that could do it - But C_Bs suggestion will work.

There are applications that can change it to pretty much anything that someone has made a theme for, there must be more than one of these but Desktop Architect is the one I know of hope it helps.

It seems to me that obtaining a high-visibility cursor set would be a better alternative to editing the cursors included with Windows. You should look at the included mouse pointer, though, as they are certainly usable (but generally unattractive). DeviantArts has a huge archive you can look through, and cursor sets are widely available elsewhere as well, for example —

http://tecnologia.tiscali.it/download/scheda.php?id=158623

I downloaded a free red cursor set for my XP laptop. I'm sure they are available for WIndows 7 too....just be careful you don't get any "added" spyware with it...read the installation screens closely to see what is checked to be installed.

Go to your control panel and select "Mouse" from the Mouse Properties select the pointers tab, in the Scheme box use the drop down arrow and select "Windows Inverted (system scheme)" This will make your mouse curser turn black on a white background and white curser on a black background. You'll get a blue curser on a red background...ect. You can then select the size of your cursor as Caintry explained