Change Mode

Broadband Usage Getting Silly, Hijack? Hack? Virus? ADware?

Hi, got 3 laptops in house running wirelessly off a Netgear router, got a 60GB per month limit on broadband from ISP, to start with this was fine and we always came in under the 60GB limit every month. A while back things changed and we started getting emails saying we have exceeded our usage limit and the ISP were adding 5GB at a cost of £5 to the monthly bill. We haven't changed our internet habits and yet these emails have been coming more and more often and earlier every month last month we got 14 of them at £5 an email! Yesterday our usage according to the ISP was 14GB, we didn't even use the internet much yesterday and as I said, our usage has not changed from when our usage was 1 or 2gb a day, the main usage on the ISP stats is not on streaming or gaming but on "Web", we don't even download films or chunky software or anything like that. So, I've changed my router passwords, done some scanning (even though I have Norton Internet Security) but I really don't know what I'm doing so I thought I'd ask the experts :) : What could be wrong with the systems in my home? Please help as the costs are getting silly now.

Many thanks for reading

Why not test one and see?? Download DDS here > Download DDS

Run the program like this:

Please download DDS and save it to your desktop.

Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs )

Double click on the DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run).

When done, DDS.txt will open.

After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here > http://forums.pcpits...-been-hijacked/

Please be patient and wait for one of our Trusted Malware Techs to help you there...

:geezer:

Archived