Can I use network attached storage if I'm using my 4G phone as a h

Can I use network attached storage if I'm using my 4G phone as a hotspot? I had cable Internet and a wireless router but just switched to use my Verizon phone as my sole Internet provider. It is faster than cable (14 Mbps vs. 10 Mbps) and $10 cheaper per month (I have unlimited data with Verizon and can connect unlimited devices.)

I do have a couple network attached storage drive attached to my router that was attached to my cable modem. Is there some way I can still use them?

The NAS should still connect via ethernet through the router or wireless through the router on the routers SSID.

Your Phones hotspot will be on a different SSID, so any device conecting to your phone wirelesly won't pick up the NAS unless it is hardwired to the router, or you switch between SSID's

Not sure if that helps??

The NAS should still connect via ethernet through the router or wireless through the router on the routers SSID.

Your Phones hotspot will be on a different SSID, so any device conecting to your phone wirelesly won't pick up the NAS unless it is hardwired to the router, or you switch between SSID's

Not sure if that helps??

what i would do is connect the phone to a pc connect, that pc to the router, then use the router(wireless or wired) to connect all other pc's including your nas.

:b33r:

Thanks! Sounds like it might work. Can you explain a little better or direct me to a tutorial on-line please?

see if this topic helps you.

especially post number 3

http://homecommunity...p/118492#M64293

ics :- http://windows.micro...nection-Sharing

so what your doing is setting up the first pc to be your router/dhcp server and your router is now just an access point through which everything else can connect to the pc.

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966