Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kathyg

Diffrence in PCMatic results and online test

Hi,

I am a little confused as i have a big difference in my disk speed from PCMatic and the Online test. On PCMatic it shows my disk at : Disk 51 MB/sec 5.000 255 Top 17%.

The online test is showing the disk at 68 and top 4%, these were taken right after one another with all the same things running. If somebody could tell me how to post the link I will do it as i am curious why this would be.

Thanks,

Kathy

Most likely the difference is a result of something interrupting the disk test, but there could be other causes as well.

The last time this issue came up it finally took a reinstall of Windows to correct it. The details about the previous report of this problem are here:

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/176397-hdd-performance-test-results/

However, there have also been some recent changes made to the PC Matic disk test that have not yet been added to OverDrive, which could also account for the difference. To see if that's the case, I will run the tests on my own computer and post the results.

The disk tests are still very consistent on my computer:

disks.jpg

I would not recommend reloading windows for the difference that is showing in your tests.