Change Mode

about:home

Btuvi

Mozilla as browser.

By the by, I googled "about:home" (are you able to see the colon between "about" and "home"?) and there are suggested solutions but they seem a little complicated and, while they may change the setting, do not address possible malware.

Thanks for taking a look, Jacee.

Let's flush the DNS cache and restore MS's Hosts file.

Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on

pushdwindowssystem32driversetc

attrib -h -s -r hosts

echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS

attrib +r +h +s hosts

popd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset all

netsh int ip reset all

shutdown -r -t 1

del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.

Double click on the flush.bat file to run it.

**Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

Tell me if this helped at all.

I was so surprised that your solution didn't work. You have helped me many times in the past. Your solutions always work and I am always grateful Now what am I to think? That you've lost your touch? Some folks might hold this monumental failure against you but, as you know, I'm a fine fellow and I won't hold it against you. In fact, if you are persuasive I might give you another shot at it. Maybe.

So, apparently this is supposed to be there and my choice is to like it or not like it. The problem I have is that I cannot set my internet connection to go directly to the gmail page. I have been able to do that in the past. So maybe about:home has nothing to do with this and does not interfere in any way. But, since I cannot set to go directly to gmail, I must have some other problem.

Any thoughts, Jacee?

And thanks again so much for helping me out.

In Firefox under Options/Options are you not able to reset your home page to gmail? If not perhaps you should download and run Malwarebytes > http://majorgeeks.co...ware_d5756.html

Here's how to run it...

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

:geezer:

I tried options and was easily able to reset home page. I had tried through internet options before with no success. Also ran malwarebytes and found no problems.

Thanks for your assistance. You folks are always so helpful. Can't imagine where many of us would be without it. In my case I know that my computer would be out in the middle of Mobile Bay.

Archived