• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wouldn't like your elecy bill when you get one set up. caintry. :mrgreen:

but can't wait for another 4p rig on our team. :clap:

:b33r:

Well Terry, when I get it built I'm gonna shut down a couple other rigs and save "juice"... ;)

:geezer:

Don't wanna miss these...

wmdrauch - 10 Million

mariol90 - 8 Milion

DianaLyon - 7 Million

Windsurf48 is breaking the "sound barrier" with finished WU's and the rest of us are "holding down the fort".

Fold On People!!

I'm working on getting two older motherboards active for folding. It's going slowly because there are constant surprises. One old monitor doesn't work at all and another only works every other boot. I'm waiting for a power cable for the third. One of the two inexpensive cases I'm using has a raised area at the back of the motherboard tray so the last 1/4 inch of the motherboard sits directly on metal and shorts out, so that's on hold until I get another case.

The older of the two boards is working once it has a stable monitor. However, its new heatsink had the worst install process I've come across. The backplate has four bolt sockets separate from the backplace itself which sit loosely below the holes in the motherboard until the bolts are screwed into them, so they have to be held in place individually on the bottom while the heatsink sits loosely on top and the arms holding each bolt are bent down 1/8 inch so that the bolts reach their sockets. In addition, the heatsink prevents vertical access to the bolts while they are being screwed down, the sockets turn freely once the bolts are close to tight, and the steel hex tool used to screw down the bolts strips the hex socket on the soft brass bolts if you get them screwed down tightly.

GPU folding generates a lot of heat. I've had at least one window open whenever the PC is running because the whole room 500 square foot room heats up to 76 Fahrenheit from the two GTX 680s.

Windsurf48 is breaking the "sound barrier" with finished WU's and the rest of us are "holding down the fort".

When I look at the Xtreme Systems stats, the people who are "holding the fort" are racking up a good deal more points per day than I am. Once I've moved past the inactive people, my PC's performance will look less impressive.

Indeed wmd. I have decided to kill off two of my gpu clients in favor of running a single smp client in Linux. So far, it's nocking down 24k+ on its own. Sad thing is, to get that kinda points outta it, I have to run Linux since Microsnot can't make a kernel that'll support AMD's cpu architecture, properly.

Great job everyone! We will probably be close to a weekly record..around 6.4M. For the month....we should be over 27M crushing the previous record......by over 8M! Fold on my friends... :clap:

Final numbers for the week and month....

Week of 03.24.13: 6,492,188 a new record

Month 03.13: 27,921,965 crushed the old record

Overall: We picked up another spot to go to 79th place again. It looks like we will lose that to [email protected] in less than a day. However, the good news is that we can overtake 5 teams in the next 2.3 months and nobody can overtake us for over 4 months. So we could move up 5 spots in the next 2 months without having to worry about being overtaken!

Way to go guys and girls......fold on...... :nana::rocks:

Final numbers for the week and month....

Week of 03.24.13: 6,492,188 a new record

Month 03.13: 27,921,965 crushed the old record

Overall: We picked up another spot to go to 79th place again. It looks like we will lose that to [email protected] in less than a day. However, the good news is that we can overtake 5 teams in the next 2.3 months and nobody can overtake us for over 4 months. So we could move up 5 spots in the next 2 months without having to worry about being overtaken!

Way to go guys and girls......fold on...... :nana::rocks:

:banana2: :banana2: :banana2:

• 3 weeks later...