Change Mode

REALLY!!! :) I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think that crunching on this old CPU would really get anywhere... I guess I was wrong.

Still, I'm going to keep saving for the EVGA NVIDIA GTX-750 TI SC for Prometheus. Then I will switch it to GPU crunching only.

Thanks, Guns. :):banana2::banana3::whoo::cheers:

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pleasantly surprised by the performance of this AMD A4-6300, these APUs are definitely under-rated! I'm still a bit confused by how exactly they work.. folding client can see both a CPU and a GPU core but will only fold on the CPU. It did download a GPU wu, but then just sat for over a week at 0% with a status of "waiting". I'm debating on upgrading this rig a bit when possible, but have to see what I can do.

I've still also got everything ready to go for a Phenom X4 rig, but need to get a case and GPU for it to even make it functional. Hopefully it will be up and running soon though as well. May even be able to bump it up to an X6 and take it from 4 cores to 6 cores.

:adios:

I'm pleasantly surprised by the performance of this AMD A4-6300, these APUs are definitely under-rated! I'm still a bit confused by how exactly they work.. folding client can see both a CPU and a GPU core but will only fold on the CPU. It did download a GPU wu, but then just sat for over a week at 0% with a status of "waiting". I'm debating on upgrading this rig a bit when possible, but have to see what I can do.

I've still also got everything ready to go for a Phenom X4 rig, but need to get a case and GPU for it to even make it functional. Hopefully it will be up and running soon though as well. May even be able to bump it up to an X6 and take it from 4 cores to 6 cores.

:adios:

Sounds good hope it all works out for ya.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...