Change Mode

Malaware Folders dissapeared but are hiding

Tillpott

:sparkle: Hi

I am runnning XP and Microsoft Office from 2003 but had my motherboard, Graphics card, guts of my tower replaced 2010/2011

My husband was on the internet tonight and opened a page which threw up a warning of Malaware from my Aviria Anti Virus software - so he shut down the internet and started to run Malawarebytes but during the scan about a dozen rectangles came up on the screen I had never before seen fanned like a deck of cards telling me my HDD was infected and critical and I needed to scan and run this program which then popped up saying it was SMart HDD and it showed me 7 critical issues on my HD but it would not fix it unless I bought the program.

Whilst trying to remove that SMART HDD it took my desktop picture and all my folder icons away and I was left with a black blank screen - I could not right click and when I went to My Programs everything had gone.

I was trying to restore to yesterday but there were no options to do so.

I have managed to go into explore and folders and only My Pictures has anything in it, every other personal folder is empty - even all my downloads have gone.

I have been searching and have found hidden away Control Panel and I made the mistake of going to System Restore and turning it off - before I was able to find the Help centre when I found it and tried to restore to a previous point but I had stuffed it up by turning restore OFF now I have no previous ones to go back to. !!!! Doh !!! :cr@sh:

After fiddling around click on a few things I have found that all my folder have the stuff in them BUT they can only be seen whne I go into Tools - Folder Options - Veiw - Show Hidden folders and they all appear.

Would someone please tell me how to make them appear ALL the time so I can remark Hide ( cos I don't want to play with files that I should not)

Another problem is I do not have ANY programs listed when you click on START > ALL PROGRAMS > "nothing" there - I was going to re-install my original Microsoft CD but is says the version on my computer is newer than the one on the CD - and there is no "repair" only option.

I have since run Malawarbytes - had 10 Back Door and Trojans to get rid of - SuperSpyware = 0

Please advise anything that you can do to help

I am an Intermediate Computer person - If you explain clearly what I should do then I can follow . . . .

I have had plenty of viruses / trojans before BUT nothing like this little beauty - it is a doozy !!!!

Kind regards

I await your instructions and advice.

Lynne (Tillpott) :h3lp:

Alright Lynne (pretty name btw), lets get you started here...

Download > http://download.blee...om/sUBs/dds.scr and save it to your desktop. Disable any script blocking protection ( How to Disable your Security Programs )

Right click on the DDS icon and select "Run as Administrator" to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run).

When done, DDS.txt will open.

After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.

Save both reports to your desktop.

Please post the contents of the DDS.txt and Attach.txt logs in a new thread that you start here:http://forums.pcpits...-been-hijacked/

Please wait for help there from one of our Trusted Malware Techs, they are quite busy but will get you fixed up.

:geezer:

Archived