Change Mode

Windows Phone Challenge

Well, I don't have any desire to get one CB. You can get a phone without a contract through this challenge, which is awesome, but I use Virgin Mobile and pay 25 bucks a month...and I wouldn't be able to use any of these phones with that carrier. Given the prices for other carriers, with each passing day the 25 dollar plan becomes a little more awesome :D

But, I honestly would not hesitate to get a Windows phone to at least try it out, especially if it meant trading in a cheaper smartphone. Microsoft does not have a history of success with the mobile platform, though...

Well, I don't have any desire to get one CB. You can get a phone without a contract through this challenge, which is awesome, but I use Virgin Mobile and pay 25 bucks a month...and I wouldn't be able to use any of these phones with that carrier. Given the prices for other carriers, with each passing day the 25 dollar plan becomes a little more awesome :D

But, I honestly would not hesitate to get a Windows phone to at least try it out, especially if it meant trading in a cheaper smartphone. Microsoft does not have a history of success with the mobile platform, though...

Coming from a person that uses Linux exclusively, that makes perfect sense. ;)

:geezer:

I do believe these phones will be much better than the wm7 phones, and hope that if anyone here gets one, they post their findings. But, like Blackberry (RIM), a lack of app selection will be a problem.

I would be inclined to enter if not for the "you have to trade in your current phone to get the windows phone".

I wouldn't mind "trying" out a windows phone, but I am not willing to trade a superior OS/product for an inferior one.

In theory, trading my used phone that I paid 85 bucks for (new), for a 500 dollar device should be a good thing...Could always just buy another OV and sell the Windows phone and make a few bucks.

The OS may not be superior but the hardware should be.

Hardware that is limited, restricted, locked down is useless.

If I can put an OS that I choose on that hardware then it would be useful, otherwise it is worthless to me.

Going through the hassle, aggravation, and frustration wouldn't be worth it.

I would much rather spend the money and get a phone of my choice. :shrug:

kids these days use magic jack on there ipod and their calls are free ...just download and install the app..only draw is you cant return their calls

Archived