Sign in to follow this  
freedom01

Messed Up, Need Help!

I recently downloaded a new sound response for incoming notification "You Got Mail" and it came with a lot of extras (I know stupid). Anyway I could not even find the program when I tried to add to emaill notification. I am now trying uninstall everything I put in but finding it to be a challenge. I uninstalled a few but there still remains one thing Itibiti Soft Phone and it will not uninstall not matter what I do. It just keeps saying it is running I I need to shut it down first. I removed it form the desktop, removed from Recyle, but cannot remove/delete from C drive or uninstall. Would appreciate any suggestions. In addition to this dumb move I also removed the Sound Effects file. Anyway of bringing this back? I know I could possibly do a Restore, but my wife has some imortant files and I would hate to delete anything else.

Thank you!

Edited by freedom01

You can shut it down through task manager then uninstall it. Control-Alt-Delete key to bring up task manager. Look for Itibiti.exe running under the processes tab. Highlight it and click the end task button. That should shut it down. Then you can uninstall it. You can also do a System Restore to the computer back to a time before you messed it up. You will only loose any "custom" system settings that you made after the restore point. Personal files won't be lost.

You might consider using System Restore to revert to a date prior to the installation of the software. Or, try uninstalling after starting in Safe Mode (described in Help and Support).

Down on the right corner of your desktop near the digital clock should be a drop-down arrow. Click it and you'll see the 'knctr icon'. Click the icon and then click 'Shutdown'. Then go to your control panel and 'Uninstall' that program. Reboot and should be gone!. Good Luck!!

Hi freedom01,

It’s May because your file folder is protected by your administrator and you need to unlock this file folder. You can download an unlocker and it’s free. After install unlocker just select the file folder in your C drive, rights click on and unlock the file using unlocker.

You may also use ccleaner for uninstall.

Thanks | see if this helps

Edited by RobartGl