Change Mode

Help! Think I have virus, can't download any antivirus softwar

Hi, I don't know anything about computer but think I may have a virus. Yesterday I could not start computer just went to a blank screen. I can now only start in safe mode. Nearly all applications have stopped working, I can't donload any antivirus software or any scan to help me detect what is wrong. When I try I just get a message saying that a virus was detaected an the program was deleted. Tried downloaded anytivirus on to memory stick from a clean computer and then uploading it to infected one but while it did upload it will not run. Help!!

Hi Laura and Welcome to The PIT!!

Lets start with this, start your PC and tap the F8 key to get the boot menu, select "Safe Mode w/Networking". Download http://majorgeeks.co...ware_d5756.html and save it to your desktop. If the virus won't let you do this, when you select to save rename mbam.exe to Laura.exe.

Run the program like this:

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. < Very Important!!

Post back with a copy of the log file.

:geezer: