Help get rid of whatever is on my computer. Requested Logs Posted

musicangel09

I ran the scan and it said that it did not find any integrity issues. But yes, I do still get them.. some of the things that i recall seeing -- hopefully they'll help you-- are:

dxgmms.sys

irql not less than or equal to

an attempt was made to write over read only files

i'm not sure what those will tell you but that's what always shows up.

i no longer posted this, switched websites, and bluescreened again. This one said

"an attempt was made to write over read-only memory"

and the file associated was "dxgmms1.sys"

The windows error report once my computer restarted said:

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: be

BCP1: 91120E13

BCP2: 4E0C0121

BCP3: 807E1994

BCP4: 0000000A

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:WindowsMinidump031212-43196-01.dmp

C:UsersKelliAppDataLocaltempWER-165049-0.sysdata.xml

Hello musicangel09

I ran the scan and it said that it did not find any integrity issues

If SFC runs clean then this may be a driver issue (possibly a video driver). It does not appear to be malware related.

Try updating your installed drivers to see if this resolves the issue.

Should you need assistance with this (and especially since it is not my area of expertise) feel free to create a thread in our User to user help forum

Alternatively, our Sister site (WhattheTech) has a team of Tech Experts who can also provide excellent advice: WTT General Hardware Forum

Since your malware issues appear to be resolved lets remove our tools in the steps below:

• Please Uninstall Combofix

• Click on "Start" and then on "Run".
  • Now type combofix /uninstall in the run box and click "OK". Please note the space between the "x" and the "/Uninstall", it needs to be there.
  • Please perform the following cleanup procedure

• Double click on the OTM.exe icon on your desktop to run the program. (Note: If you are running Vista/Windows 7, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
    • Once OTM has opened, click on the "CleanUp!" button.
    • Follow any prompts that you receive.
  • Removal of Tools

• You no longer need aswMBR or CKScanner. Please delete them from your machine.
    Once you have completed the above steps you should be good to go! If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
  • Finally, please take the time to read through the information provided below:

Enhance your System Security

• For an excellent list of free anti virus software, free online virus scanners, free spyware detection/removal and free firewalls, click here.
    • IMPORTANT! Please make sure you only have ONE firewall and ONE real-time antivirus installed on your system. When using "on demand" scanners, first update the detection signature files, then disconnect from the internet and disable your resident security program before running the scan.
    • Once complete, remember to re-engage your resident security before going online.
    Web Browsers and Browser Security

Firefox

• You can download Firefox from here.
    No-Script

• If you use Firefox as your default browser, No-Script can provide additional security by preventing malicious scripts from being executed on your system.
    • You can download No-Script by clicking here.
    Internet Explorer

• The newest version of Internet Explorer is available from here.
    • Please Note: IE9 is not configured to run on XP machines.
    SpywareBlaster

• If you use Internet Explorer as your default browser, SpywareBlaster would be a valuable addition to your online security.
    • SpywareBlaster prevents malicious ActiveX objects from being downloaded onto your system.
    • You can download SpywareBlaster by clicking here.
    Web of Trust

• When using search engines, Web of Trust provides you with an easy way of telling the good sites from the bad and is compatible with both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
    • Coloured symbols are displayed next to search results, giving you more confidence in the links you choose to click on: Green (To go), Yellow (Caution) and Red (Stop).
    • You can download Web of Trust by clicking here.
    Keep your Software Updated

• Outdated software can sometimes have vulnerabilities that are exploitable by malware.
    • Check if there are available updates for your installed software with Secunia's Online Software Inspector by clicking here.
    Passwords

• Learn how to create strong passwords by clicking here and test the strength of the passwords you already use by clicking here.
    General Reading

Learn How To Combat Malware

• Would you like to learn how to fight back against malware and help others? Enroll at the What The Tech (Formerly Tom Coyotes) Malware Classroom by clicking here.

Thank you so much! I will likely head over to one of those forums to take care of the bluescreens, but otherwise my computer seems to be running a whole lot better. There's no lag anymore and my startup/shut down times have gotten better. Thank you so much for everything and working with me! I appreciate it so much. Cant say that i'll ever loan my computer out again any time soon. hah!!