Bought used computer, loaded with spyware.

tarheelnancy

I bought a used computer for my children to use for school (we home school). I got it running and right away I noticed things weren't working right. I was able to download Super Anti-Spyware and it cleaned out over 1500 things. (I downloaded Ad-Aware but couldn't get it to run, it will run now though after the initial clean up from Super Anti-Spyware.) I also previously couldn't get an anti-virus to install but I have AVG Free installed now. I did a full scan with that but it didn't find anything.

Right now, I seem to be having trouble doing searches but not sure if that is spyware related. Could you please take a look at my HJT log and tell me if I have it all cleaned up? I received an error message when starting that as well, said unable to write to hosts file and gave instructions to run in notepad. I am attaching that as well. Not sure if I did that part right or not.

Last but not least, soonernise 55 is a user on here. How can I change that? I don't want any other users just computer administrator, (me) and nothing else.

Thanks so much!!!

EDIT: I am getting help on another forum. Don't know how to delete this post. Thank you.

HJT Log 1.txt

hosts log 1.txt

Edited by tarheelnancy

EDIT: I am getting help on another forum. Don't know how to delete this post. Thank you.

Thank you for letting us know :)

As you are being helped elsewhere I will close this thread.

Best wishes

JonTom