"antivirus protection 2012" malware/virus/spyware?!

blu3gh0st

Hey, guys!

I have a problem with my parent's PC. I thought that they can't do much harm only by getting mail from their friends and looking at pictures but it seems that there's a virus for everybody. Tried to scan the thing but the fake antivirus wouldn't let me. I have some screenshots bellow. What can I do to get rid of this?

p.s: as I was writing this I could see that after closing the "antivirus protection 2012" (ctrl-alt-del) the thing would just start again and perform some kind of scan.

Posted Image

By blu3gh0st at 2012-02-19

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, it uses "scare tactics" to try and make you "buy protection" which of course never happens (protection). Lets get rid of it, shall we?

Download > http://majorgeeks.com/Malwarebytes_Anti-Malware_d5756.html and save it to your desktop. Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan.

When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location and post the results.

p.s....if the virus won't let you scan normally, reboot and tap F8 on startup to access the "Boot Menu". Select Safe Mode and run Malwarebytes. Please be sure to post the log so we can see how you fared.

:geezer:

• 2 weeks later...

if you cant do anything like downloading ....it can be disabled enough to help you get started on removing it

Archived