Windows 7 Home Premium edition.. all updated to date

IE 9 latest version installed..

Small problem: Since installing it some time ago, it has work really well with no problems until

today... Now when I open it, it only fills about half the page.. I can grab the bottom and pull it down with my mouse to make it fill the screen, and it will stay that way until I stop using it by clicking the X in the upper right hand corner to close it.. next time I open it, it's back to the half page status again.

I can open it (half page again) and go to view and click on full screen and it fills the page but then the menu bar is hidden..

I'm sure there is a solution to this tiny problem, but have been unable to find it.

How do I make it keep the settings that I have now...?

Please advise if there is a solution... any and all help certainly appreceiated.. Thanks.

Yes it does fill the screen, and that seems to have fixed it for the time being. I knew that was there all the time, but somehow overlooked it. Getting old is no fun.. I'm 79...

Anyhow what is the difference between using view menu and clicking on "full screen" (f11) or clicking the restore up box ?

Seems to me they both should do the same thing.

what is the difference between ... clicking on "full screen" (f11) or clicking the restore up box

"Restore up" is usually called "maximize". After clicking it, the maximize button becomes the "restore down" button, which of course reverses maximize.

You'll notice that, when maximizing or resizing an Internet Explorer window (or any other window, for that matter), the Taskbar area is not used with the default settings. When selecting Full Screen or pressing F11, however, the window covers the entire Desktop including the Taskbar.

Full Screen also allows the window's address bar and toolbars to be hidden when the mouse pointer has moved 50 pixels or more from the toolbars (moving the pointer to the screen edge reveals them). To enable this feature, enter Full Screen mode, then right-click the Restore button and click Auto-Hide.

By using the Taskbar area and hiding the toolbars, Full Screen mode uses the entire screen to display content. In Maximized mode, part of the screen area is allocated to the toolbars, and if "keep taskbar on top" is enabled, the window display area is further reduced.

Try this. Open one Internet Explorer window. If the window opens maximized, click the Restore Down button.

Click File and New Window. If the window opens maximized, click the Restore Down button. Click & drag each edge of the window to resize it so that the maximum screen area is covered. While pressing a Shift key, click the Close [X] button.

Click & drag each edge of the first window so that the maximum screen area is covered. While pressing a Shift key, click the Close [X] button.

Now Internet Explorer should always open to this size. The key is not to use the maximize button, but to resize manually.