Networkservice cookies problem. (Possible internet security virus)

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could please help with the following?:

I recently got a virus (internet security 20??) appear on my pc after browsing on the internet (Firefox).

I have tried to remove the virus myself but i am at the point now where the Networkservice user on my pc keeps getting spammed with lots of cookies. Also it sometimes redirects my browser when trying to access websites.

I have tried running various anti-virus, spyware and malware programs trying to get rid of it all but it comes back instantly.

Anyone have any suggestions please?

Thank you.

Chris

Hello chrisy :adios:

It sounds as though you may need some extra help to take care of this issue.

• Please perform the following scan

• Please download DDS from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click on the DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run). If you are running on Vista/Win7 Right click and select "Run as Administrator" to run the program.
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

If you encounter any problems with running the scan come back here and let me know.

If the scan completes and you are able to save the logs, please create a new thread in the HiJackThis Forum and post both of the logs from the DDS scan, then wait for a Trusted HJT Advisor to assist you.

:)

Hi JonTom,

Thank you very much for your time and help with this.

I have followed your steps and posted in the thread you suggested.

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/198089-networkservice-cookies-problem-sent-to-here-by-jontom/

I have added the details of the .txt files and will await some support.

Again thank you kindly for helping me with this.

Kind Regards

Chrisy