Sign in to follow this  
Missohmygod

Suddenly my computer won't connect to the Internet

Had to go to nvidia website to get the chipset drivers for win7 64bit version. It's currently downloading and then i will see how it works when being installed on the system. The CD said it doesn't contain drivers that support win7 64bit. Also wasn't able to get the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website.

Doxxxy

Edited by doxxxy

That driver was no good. It only had raid controllers and SMU which is for coprocessor. Checking for firefox now.

Doxxxy

Tried firefox freshly downloaded without solving issue, Tried LSP which found nothing.

Doxxxy

On the off chance i decided to give macshift a try. No change to MAC address. No change to being able to go online either. I can't remember the last time i encountered a computer problem this annoying.

Have a good night all.

Doxxxy

Last night i turned off my PC and went to bed. I did try to use the macshift, but it didn't change anything. The ipconfig still showed the same as earlier in the night. Due to it being late hours i decided to stop for the night and check with a different network card this morning. I looked for a different card, but didn't find one. Turned on the PC and it appears it wasn't needed with a different card either as it is currently working. I do have to install firewall and antivirus now as i don't like to use the windows firewall. Also i have 140+ updates to do.

Thanks for all the help though.

Enjoy,

Doxxxy

Last night i turned off my PC and went to bed. I did try to use the macshift, but it didn't change anything. The ipconfig still showed the same as earlier in the night. Due to it being late hours i decided to stop for the night and check with a different network card this morning. I looked for a different card, but didn't find one. Turned on the PC and it appears it wasn't needed with a different card either as it is currently working. I do have to install firewall and antivirus now as i don't like to use the windows firewall. Also i have 140+ updates to do.

Thanks for all the help though.

Enjoy,

Doxxxy

Funny how things can fix themselves overnight, I just wish it would happen more often! Looks like you did most of the work, but maybe something someone mentioned worked itself out in the long run...:shrug:

:geezer:

Yea, would have been great if i was able to pinpoint what had solved it and give credit where deserved, but i will say i appreciate the surgestions and wish i could say what solved the problem.

Go to Start/Control Panel/Hardware and Sound and click on Device Manager. Locate the network controller/adapter. How is it listed?Are there more than one?What's the name(s)?Is there a yellow !!!! exclamation point there?a red X?also...............With the computer connected to the router,Go to Start and type cmdAt the top you'll see the command console icon.Right click it and choose: "Run as Administrator"At the prompt, type: ipconfig /allHit the enter key on the keyboardFind the ethernet connection listed in Device manager and let us know what is listed for:Physical AddressDHCP EnabledIPv4 AddressDefault Gateway :) Y

How can I do it because I'm facing the same problem n I do not have another computer to download it

Well, I did some more hunting and I may have found a way out.Now I never tried this, so I can't verify if it'll work, but at this point, I'd give macshift a try.Get yourself familiar with it and download it here: http://devices.natetrue.com/macshift/I saw it described and remedied a similar problem here: http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=209982:) Y

Sry not tat previous post but is this post I have no internet

If it truly is the same and your Mac address is not showing properly through "ipconfig /all" when executed through an elevated command prompt, then Macshift will need to be downloaded and then transferred to your computer.

Library, friend, neighbor, church....... bring a memory stick (flash drive) with you to transfer the file after downloading it, then take it to your computer and give it a try.

Hope it works for you, too.

:) Y

I am having the same problem w. my laptop. it has been doing this for quite some time. I've tried to follow the conversation, but have gotten confused. I have a Toshiba...not exactly sure what model but it does have Windows 7. I'm 17 and normally pretty good w. computers... but I need help..if you could break everything down in how do you say...."idiot terms" I'd really appreciate it...sorry for the inconvenience.

Go to Start then Right Click "Computer" and choose "Properties" from the list. On the upper left corner, click on Device Manager. Locate the network controller/adapter.

How is it listed?
Are there more than one?
What's the name(s)?
Is there a yellow !!!! exclamation point there?
a red X?

also...............
With the computer connected to the router,
Go to Start and type cmd
At the top you'll see the command console icon.
Right click it and choose: "Run as Administrator"
At the prompt, type: ipconfig /all
Hit the enter key on the keyboard

Find the ethernet connection listed in Device manager and let us know what is listed for:
Physical Address
DHCP Enabled
IPv4 Address
Default Gateway

:) Y

So Im having the same kind of problem except its only happening when i accidentally hit my airplane mode key i went through the process once and got it fixed but now it wont work again

Hi, my name is jake... i have the exact same problem but i think my network adapter has a problem.. there is a yellow exclamation mark on it when i checked it in the device manager... it is called Qualcomm Atheros AR8152/8158 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.20)... the device status says: "This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"...i have windows 7 ultimate which i downloaded recently after sending my pc to a service center...

I tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again... It worked but when I restarted my computer it won't start up.... It just freezes when the "starting windows" thing goes away. I pressed the restart power button and I got the safe mode, safe mode with networking, and other choices. I tried the safe mode with networking and it is working fine but the windows wont start up anymore. Please help!! :(

?? i'm confused, not unusual i know. :laughing:

how'd you know it works in safe mode if "but the windows wont start up anymore."?

:b33r:

?? i'm confused, not unusual i know. :laughing:

how'd you know it works in safe mode if "but the windows wont start up anymore."?

I think the op means that his pc does not run in normal mode. Which could mean that there is a bad driver or software program that dis-agrees with windows

Finally.. I figured it out!!! :D it was a program that was messing with my PC start up and I managed to remove it from the msconfig... Thank you guys for the help :)

Will it become too much of an annoyance if I say I have, more or less, the same problem?

I was serfing the web on my XP Desktop, when suddenly, it wouldn't connect anymore. I use an Ethernet cable, so I unplugged it and put it back in, restarted the modem etc., but what it gives me is that the PC cannot obtain the IP adress...in any case, all my other devices connect to the internet wirelessly just fine, and restarting the PC wouldn't help.

Any help would be much appreciated...I can't live the burden of having to share a laptop because the desktop won't connect :P

Oh God, it suddenly started working after 2 hrs of it not connecting...Restarted the connection by going to the Control Panel and it worked. I feel like an idiot now.

I apologise to anyone that might have seen this and thought about it.

Cheers!

Hi I have the same problem as the original op, I have followed most steps and am getting nowhere. This all started when I uninstalled Virgins antivirus software.

When I look at my driver it has a yellow exclamation mark. I have tried uninstalling and even deleting and reinstalling.

When I type in IPCOFIG all out shows IP routing not enabled.. And the same for wins proxy..

I tried the Macshift route but when I goto network and sharing and then change adaptor settings it displays...nothing ?

My Network Adaptor is a NVIDIA nforce.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

When I look at my driver it has a yellow exclamation mark.

and is why it doesn't work, probably just needs a driver but may be a hardware problem that can't be easily fixed.

go to the manufacturers web site and download the correct driver and install it that should fix the problem with any luck. eg. driver for xp on a hp pc using NVIDIA nForce MCP Networking Adapter is here :- http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?cc=uk&lc=en&softwareitem=35503

who knows this might work for you too.

if the correct driver doesn't get rid of the yellow exclamation mark, then i'm afraid i don't know what else the problem could be except a hardware problem needing you to buy a new network adaptor of some type.

Edited by terry1966

The problem I have is that it won't let me install the driver, it comes back with there's been a problem during install therefore it won't finish installing. I have the correct driver. I believe I must have a software conflict but the remedy is beyond me. So far one response, can anybody else help please ?