USB generic microsd

USB generic ms/ms-pro

USB generic sm/xs-picture the one I pick

Raid raid ready

Raid: atapi DVD a dh16aash

Nah, not Safemode.

The choices will look like this:

Posted Image

When you said you deleted McAfee, you meant you uninstalled it through the Control Panel>Programs icon, right?

:) Y

OK, ya I meant uninstall McAfee.. I'm in safe mode and the same thing. Network is unable to access internet.

Ok, let's see if a static IP will work.

You can do this in SafeMode or regular.

Go the the Network and Sharing Center.

On the left, click on Change Adapter Settings.

Now, Right click your adapter and choose properties.

Go to the IPv4 entry and click it to highlight, then click Properties below that box.

Put a dot next to: "Use the following IP Address"

Use these numbers:

IP: 192.168.0.10

Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Gateway: 192.168.0.1

Put a dot next to: Use the following DNS server address

Preferred DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

leave the alternet DNS server entry blank.

OK, Apply & Close your way out.

Reboot and try it.

If it is unsuccessful, then shut the computer down.

Unplug the router

Unplug the modem.

Count to 10

Plug in the modem and wait for all of it's lights to illuminate.

Now, plug in the router and wait about 30 seconds.

Start up the desktop and try to get online.

If it's possible, go back and reset the IPv4 settings to Obtain an address automatically.

Do the same for the DNS server.

Ok and Apply you're way out, then shut down the computer.

Disconnect the network cable from the back of the tower.

Unplug the modem.

Connect the network cable from the modem directly to the network adapter on your computer.

Plug in the modem and wait for all of it's lights to illuminate.

Start up the computer.

See if you are able to get online.

If not, reboot the modem and then the computer again and see if it takes.

Do you Have Bonjour installed? If so, uninstall it!

Next, Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on

pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc

attrib -h -s -r hosts

echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS

attrib +r +h +s hosts

popd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset all

netsh int ip reset all

shutdown -r -t 1

del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.

Double click on the flush.bat file to run it.Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

Let us know if this has 'fixed' your Internet connection.

Try Jacee's flush.bat from the quote above.

Also, take a look at Internet Options in Control Panel.

Click on the Connections Tab, then on Lan Settings.

Make sure that no connection script or proxy server has been listed.

When I diagnose the problem. It says " your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS) is not responding" don't know if that helps any lol

call your ISP and have them ping your modem, that way you'll know it's not something on their end or your modem

That was the first thing I did. The modem is working. Laptops, ps3 all wireless things are getting connection. Just the desktop that gets the internet cable in doesn't connect

In network and internet connections map.

Owner--------green -gateway xx---internet

Wifi works...

Computer is correctly configured getting IP address all that stuff. But DNS not responding. My ISP said that. My adapter is unable to connect. But my comp says it is connected just not getting internet

The only other thing that I can think to do is to try to reinstall the Realtek PCi GBE adapter.

Make sure that you've got the drivers for it available, then pop into Device manager and uninstall the adapter.

Reboot

Reinstall and try again.

Also, may be a silly suggestion, but worth a try, is to try a different port on the router itself.

Really got a tough one here, Sean. :shrug:

I know lol I've tried all 4 ports. I'm gonna get a buddy at work to take a look at it. He's fixed my computers before. I'll let him figure it out . Thanks for all the help and suggestions

Hey again, question? So I bought a wifi stick to access the internet. It access the modem all green. BUT still same problem. Can't get internet connection... even though all other wifi things can connect, could it be the modem or router...

Hi Sean, at this point with all the trouble-shooting that you've gone through, the likeliest culpret causing this is either a software application (anti-virus program, firewall, etc) or a setting on the computer itself.

I'm going to assume that you are connecting to the internet with Internet Explorer.

Download the Firefox browser to a memory stick and then transfer and install it on the non-working computer and see if changing the browser brings relief.

Firefox can be downloaded here: http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/new/

I had the same exact issue with my laptop and I just fixed it with macshift !!! before that I tryed so many things and they didnt work: malwarebytes, antiviruse, Avira DNS, system recovery, re-install windows 7......

But macshift did the job in a blink of an eye. I think my laptop got hit by some kind of DNS changing malware.

Anyways Thanks to

Y kawika

Hi all,

I have a problem similar to Seanm i think it was as well as the initial submitter. My specific situation however seems to remind more of Sean's than the original post.

I have win7 ultimate 64 bit running on my intel duo2 core with 4GB ram. Motherboard is an ASUS P5N-E SLI with onboard gigabit LAN. Controller for the LAN is nvidia nforce network controller. I encountered the problem after removing a small HDD i used for winXP pro, but as i haven't used it for ages i removed it. Afterwards computer wouldn't initilially boot, but i got it running, but i have yet to be able to connect to the internet from my computer. I have tried both using dynamic and static IP on the router. Uninstalled antivirus and firewall as well as disabling windows firewall, tried with windows firewall adding browser to firewall rules. I have reinstalled windows so no updates on it and still not working. i tried to uninstall the network controller using the device settings and also tried to disable the LAN controller in BIOS, restart PC and confirming it had the red X, then restarted PC and entered BIOS where i reenabled the LAN controller. After this the PC booted and it shows as having connection, but still i am not able to actually go on the internet, such as google, bbc, cnn or even the routers internal webpage i can't access from the PC.

I have not yet tried a different browser nor have i tried the LSP-fix or macshift. I have some doubts weather to give macshift a try as it does come up with MAC address, IP, subnet and DHCP to be showing and well in order. It is my understanding that macshift is meant for when mac address is 00:00: ect.

I will download an other browser(firefox or chrome) and try that. I will also see if LSP-fix can sort out my problem. Despite years of experience in computers and troubleshooting i have never seen this problem before.

In windows it does show to have both LAN and internet connection and i ping both router and other PC's on the LAN ok. My fiancee has similar setup, just different amount and size of HDD's. Same windows, same MB, same RAM and therefore obviously also same Gigabit LAN onboard port. She has no problems with the internet connection, nor have i problems using my winXP laptop which is the computer used for this posting. Also my PS3 is fine on going online.

I will keep you posted about browser and LSP, but ideas are welcome.

Enjoy,

Doxxxy

:wp:

After the reinstallation of Windows, did you reinstall the chipset drivers for that board?

Once the chipset drivers are in place, then install the gigabit lan drivers from the Asus disk.

Another trouble-shooting avenue to try is to use a different ethernet cable and/or port on the router, just to eliminate the possibilities there.

I commend you on your initial post as it was well written and easy to get up to speed with where you are so far. Well done. :tup:

Thank you for the comment, the tip and the welcome.

I did not try those things. I think i will uninstall the controller and then use the CD from the motherboard manufacturer to install the chipset drivers. Then reinstall the LAN driver from the CD.

Many times over the years have i been on the other side of the troubleshooting desk so i know how important the information i give/receive is for getting/providing the better help.

I will try out your proposals before i install an other browser and possibly LSP.

I will keep you updated about the results.

Doxxxy