Computer keeps freezing and dropping internet

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so i installed realtek audio, ralink, and the usb drivers and i was completely lost trying to install the realtek network driver

My bad, you'll have to open the new driver and keep opening folders till you get to "64", then copy/paste the files to a new folder on your desktop. Go into Device Manager and locate the Realtek Network adapter/controller, right click it and select "Update Driver Software", then direct it to your new folder with the drivers.

:geezer:

try pulling out the usb wireless and run your pc without internet for a while to see if your pc still locks up. if it still does, then boot into safemode and run it like that. If it stops locking up you probably have a software problem. If it does lock up then you should look at your hardware, like your power supply or something like that

Zack are you using the utility for the wireless card or using Windows wireless utility? Open your Pit Test and go to the Software tab/Processes and check the items listed in Orange. Some of those you may be able to disable. Click each one for more information.

It looks like you have AVG and Bitdefender antiviruses installed, if so, lose the AVG. Now, go to Start/Programs/Accessories and open the Run box. Type msconfig and hit enter, go to the Startup tab and uncheck anything that you don't absolutely need. Alot of that HP stuff wants to run automatically at Sttartup and it doesn't need to. What I do basically myself is uncheck everything there. If you absolutely need it, Windows will tell you. I'm betting that some of that game stuff you have may be causing the problem, if any of it is set to run at Startup, be sure to disable it as well.

Ok will do. I am using the wireless cards utility, it seems to be alot more advanced than the windows utility. I tried getting rid of avg when i got bitdefender apparently it didn't get rid of it. It's not on the add/remove programs list is there any other way to remove it?

@joe c

its a wireless pci card not usb.

Edited by Z4CK56

avg is in your registry and it may have a folder in program files

program files can be found in my computer and open c-drive

mme is likely right, look in C:\Program files for AVG and delete it if found. Open the Run box in Accessories (Start/Programs/etc...) and type regedit then hit enter. When it opens go to File/Export, choose a place to save the old registry, name it something like "Old Registry" and make certain that it says "All files" in *Save as* file type. Save.

Now go to Edit/Find and have it search for AVG and delete each key it finds (if any). When finished close the registry and reboot.

That should take care of any AVG leftovers...

I think i got all the avg registry files. Like 10-15 min before i went and deleted the registry files my internet dropped connection again. Well i hope deleting the avg files solved that. *crosses fingers*

can you go to safemode with net working see if internet drops or computer freezes...just something to try

Alright so im booted into safe mode with networking, we will see if the problem persists. Sorry for delay, got frustrated with computer and got off for night then had school in the morning. Ill let you guys know how this turns out.

EDIT:

My Friend suggested i try Hirens BootCD to check and make sure all my hardware is good too so ill try that also.

Edited by Z4CK56