Handbrake giving any trouble?

opensuse 12.1, handbrake is trashed, doesn't extract and encode, stops at 0.61%, the output has a bunch of block skips and it's continuous.

thought it was a bad disc, it's the same with others.

fortunately k3b works great and i can do just about the same thing in comparison to handbrake.

anyone else having issues, if not where did you get handbrake and what version are you using?

I have been using it without problems since 12.1 was released, but there were updates this week and I haven't used it since. I will rip a DVD and let you know how it goes.

that's a good idea terry, i will give the unstable version a try.

edit: DUH, i have the unstable version installed, switching to stable now :P

Edited by duanester

that's a good idea terry, i will give the unstable version a try.

edit: DUH, i have the unstable version installed, switching to stable now :P

You probably installed the unstable version because the stable version wasn't even in the packman repo until nearly 2 months after 12.1 was released. :lol: Looking at http://packman.inode...timedia/x86_64/ :

handbrake-gtk-0.9.5-3.4.x86_64.rpm 2012-Jan-12 22:28:57

My install dates from Nov. 17, 2011 and I had same problem so I added the 11.4 repo to get the stable ver for it then later replaced that with the 12.1 repo stable ver.

that's what i meant john, i think i was forced to install the unstable version and "totally" forgot i did, or simply didn't realize i had it..

no proof needed, it just wasn't there at the time, i know i wouldn't go unstable, that's not me john :lol:

Edited by duanester
  • 1 month later...