Sign in to follow this  
CocaColaFiend

Which Programs Should I Have?

Hard drive recently crashed - folks at the pc store were nice enough to update my OS to Windows 7. Windows 7 has microsoft security essentials installed. On my previous platform I was running SpywareBlaster, AVG Antivirus, Spybot S&D, AdAware, and Malwarebytes. My question is should I have all these programs installed, or is it a bit excessive? Now that I have the microsoft security essentials installed, which ones should I have in addition? Are there any I'm missing from this list? Thanks!

Keep the Microsoft Security Essentials, SpywareBlaster, and Malwarebytes. Uninstall the rest. Having more that one antivirus can cause problems. (MSE and AVG)

:xmas_laugh:

I agree with CB :)

Please do make sure you uninstall AVG. Having more than one real time AV running is best avoided since they will spend most of their time clashing/fighting each other causing system slowness, and may even leave your machine more vulnerable to malware attack.

Thank you, what about Spybot S&D & AdAware?

I used to be a fan of both, not anymore...if you have Microsoft Security Essentials, SpywareBlaster, and Malwarebytes, I'd add SUPERAntispyware > http://majorgeeks.co...ware_d5116.html and get rid of Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D...you won't need them. ;)

:xmas_laugh: