Change Mode

can someone help me set up the cables of the pc case to mobo?

I'm always confuse with the wiring.

this is the mobo:

http://www.asus.com/...et_1155/P8H67V/

Still in transit from newegg, I was able to find the manual online from Asus's board

(it's a zip download link):

http://dlcdnet.asus....142_P8H67_V.zip

These are all the wires from the case. I'm a tad confuse of the speaker wire, it's not connected to anything?

Posted Image

Base on the link and images, can someone help me with the wiring?

This new bios seems a bit confusing, what should I do in bios? Recommended settings?

This is the part list, the computer is being build for someone else.

Intel Core i5-2400 Sandy Bridge 3.1GHz (3.4GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 2000

ASUS P8H67-V (REV 3.0) LGA 1155 Intel H67 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

COOLER MASTER Hyper N 520 RR-920-N520-GP 92mm Sleeve CPU Cooler Intel Core i7 compatible

CORSAIR Builder Series CX600 V2 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL7Q-16GBXH

RAIDMAX AEOLUS ATX-818WB Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Koutech PCI to USB2.0 Card Model IO-PU520

GIGABYTE GV-N430OC-1GL GeForce GT 430 (Fermi) 1GB 128-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card (This was originally going to go for a different aging prebuilt computer. psu was too low)

HDD is 3tb. I do not have the exact info for it right now.

Edited by FliesToASpider

You can watch this video, it'll give you a little more info about the new BIOS...I find it quite informative even if not Overclocking.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBN-cBPs98&feature=player_embedded

Speaker wire should connect on the 4 pins shown in this pic. Put your CPU in, heatsink on, RAM in slots and slip the mobo into the case. Screw it down. Now with the bottom of the case towards you the connectors will be right in front of you. Put the wires on the connectors with the writing towards you (bottom of case).

Posted Image

:xmas_laugh:

Here's a link (pdf) to the manual for your board

http://www.asus.com/...8H67V/#download

on page 1-30 you see how to connect the speaker. The pins layout to connect your usb ports will also be in this manual. (They are to the left of the system panel connector pins) I highly recommend that before you open the static wrapper for this motherboard, you sit down comfortably somewhere and read the entire manual and get a good understanding of about what you'll need to be doing

Posted Image

Edited by Joe C

Kinda confused here, are you the same guy who claims to have started building his own and "never looked back"?

http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?/topic/197569-check-out-the-specs-of-the-family-old-pc-12yrs-ago/

If so, you should know where the wires go. ;)

BTW, Joe's pic and instructions are basically the same as mine. It's pretty simple, the wires only work one way...especially the USB cable that connects to the mobo...

i have never once read more than the first few pages of a motherboard manual. O.o

The configuration for this board is not the norm for what I see on a lot of other boards, generally, pins 1&3 are for the PWRSW. Pins 2&4 are the RSTSW. Pins 5&7 (sometimes 9) are the PWRLED and 6&8 are for the HDDLED

You can watch this video, it'll give you a little more info about the new BIOS...I find it quite informative even if not Overclocking.

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vBN-cBPs98&feature=player_embedded

Speaker wire should connect on the 4 pins shown in this pic. Put your CPU in, heatsink on, RAM in slots and slip the mobo into the case. Screw it down. Now with the bottom of the case towards you the connectors will be right in front of you. Put the wires on the connectors with the writing towards you (bottom of case).

Posted Image

My apologies. What I do is get my manual out and turn to the page for the "Front Panel Connector"...

Speaker wire goes on the 4 pins labeled speaker in the pic., attach it with the word "Speaker" towards you. Reset wire attaches the same way on the 2 pins labelled "Reset". HDD LED goes on the pins labelled for the "IDE_LED". Power LED generally are 2 wires, 1 green and 1 white, each labeled + & - make certain that you get them on the correct pins as shown in the picture. Power SW wire goes on the 2 pins labelled PWRSW. If you have the mobo in the case looking down at it as in the pic, I always attach the wires with the words (reset, power, hdd, etc) facing towards me or towards the bottom of the case.

USB connectors you're looking for are here:

Posted Image

As you can see by the pic and by looking at the connector on the cable, they are 9 pin and one blank. They will only attach one way and you should attach any Front USB cables to the connector closest to the Front Panel Connector. Additional USB cables may be attached to the other two for permitting extra USB ports in the rear of the case.

These USB connectors should be labelled along the bottom of the mobo as should the Front Panel Connector. You may need a decent magnifying glass to read/see them.

Other than that...I don't know what else to tell ya'.....I learned by "trial and error", you can to, just take your time, reference the physical manual or the online one, go by the pics and set it up. On first boot, go into Setup/BIOS and select "Default Settings", hit F10 to "Save and exit" and see if it boots. If it does, you may need to restart and go back to BIOS and set up some things manually like RAM speed, etc...

Luck to ya' and keep asking if not sure. ;)