Change Mode

Have a Trojan think it is called...

darkeyes

A few days ago my browsers homepage was hijacked by mydomainadvisor. I have run numerous scans all in safe mode, Superantispyware, MalwareBytes, Avg antivirus and the trojan (s) still there. Is there a free trojan remover out there that will remove this?

Appreciate any help. Thank you! I am running Win XP SP3.

Carline

Hey darkeyes...do SUPERAntispyware or Malwarebytes even recognize it?? Try going to Start/Control Panel/System/System Restore and turn off System Restore, then try the two scans listed above. Let them "fix"/clean anything they find and then reboot. Be sure to go back and turn System Restore back on.

:xmas_laugh:

Ran the scans again with System Restore turned off and find that this is still on my computer, none of the scans found it or removed it. I have been using Google Chrome as my browser and when I open the browser and click on Task Manager, it shows numerous listings for Chrome.exe and all are showing very high memory usuages. I shut down the Chrome browser and opened Internet Explorer and found the same many listings of IE.exe in the task manager also with very high memory usuage. I am not very good with computers and what to do to fix problems so will need all the help I can get from you guys. Thank you again.

Carline

Lets try flushing your DNS cache and resetting your Hosts File...

Copy and paste these lines in Note pad.

@Echo on

pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc

attrib -h -s -r hosts

echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS

attrib +r +h +s hosts

popd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset all

netsh int ip reset all

shutdown -r -t 1

del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.

Double click on the flush.bat file to run it. Vista and Windows 7... right click the .bat file and choose to run as Administrator. Your computer will reboot itself.

Well, lets get you with the HJT folks then as it's clear that I'm not helping to get you cleaned up.

Download HiJackThis > http://www.trendmicr.../HijackThis.exe and save it to it's own folder on your desktop. Open the program and select to "Do a system scan and save a log". When the scan finishes it will open the log in Notepad. Copy/Paste the contents of the log into a new thread that you start over here > http://forums.pcpits...ijackthis-logs/

Please be patient and wait for help there from one of our Trusted Advisors, they are quite busy.

Archived