Sign in to follow this  
shogan191

PC Magnum

is this a paid product or free product? from that page i can't tell, just the "free privacy scan" that wants me to download and install something.

i trust pcpitstop. i know their products and have been around the forums for years now, but i gotta tell you, that page just gives me the feel of "don't click".

is this a paid product or free product? from that page i can't tell, just the "free privacy scan" that wants me to download and install something.

i trust pcpitstop. i know their products and have been around the forums for years now, but i gotta tell you, that page just gives me the feel of "don't click".

The scan is free, if you want to clean something you have to buy it, so, it's a "paid product". I downloaded it and found an error which helped produce a fix. It seems to replace the "old" PCPitstop "Erase"...

:xmas_laugh:

Scan for free but pay to use with out informing the user first....that's very cheesy.

I see no reason to recommend or use this software when there are good free products such as Clean Up! and CC Cleaner and they work very well. Pc Pitstop has got to do better to compete if they expect people to promote or use their products

I install Clean Up! on a lot of other pc's, it's a fairly safe software to clean out temp files I do not install CC Cleaner because some folks can not be trusted with what it has, although I will use it myself.

I can not see any reason to use Magnum personally, can PC Pitstop convince me otherwise?

I can not see any reason to use Magnum personally, can PC Pitstop convince me otherwise?

I hear it'll make your hair grow nice and thick, automagically whiten your teeth and all the chicks want to get to know you when you use it. :tup:

:mrgreen:

:) Y

No need to use it.

I already got thick hair growing on my teeth and all the girls know that!

Now if I can convince them that that is an asset not a liabilty

Scan for free but pay to use with out informing the user first....that's very cheesy.

that's my problem with it. i pay for software, but not if they try to bait and switch me.

Not really a "bait and switch" imo. They tell you the initial scan is free and it is, it also shows you this list of things on your rig...

IE Cookies

Firefox Cookies

Chrome Cookies

IE Browsing History

Firefox Browsing History

Chrome Browsing History

IE Image Cache

Firefox Image Cache

Chrome Image Cache

IE Typed URLs

Firefox Download History

Chrome Download History

Facebook History

Recent Excel Documents

Recent Word Documents

Recent PowerPoint Documents

Recent PDF Documents

Other Recent Documents

Recycle Bin

Read more here > http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/pcmagnum.asp

:xmas_laugh:

I do not like their bait and switch practices either, You or the poor unsuspecting user thinks they will get a free program to clean up their pc ( or at least they are led to believe that) and then pops up the surprise notice that it won't do anything but tell you whats wrong ( like some malware does) and for $$$ they will fix it (like malware does)

*no thanks*

Why doesn't pitstop put right up front on the web page the price for their product? Why do they make it obvious that the scan is free but not the fact that it costs to actually have it do anything? I consider that very mis-leading and questionable business practice. imho

Edited by Joe C

Well I just downloaded it, opened it in wine, read the license agreement, and clicked I don't agree.

I guess I will never get to see the things you guys are talking about. :shrug:

Seems to me that if you have a really great product or software in this case, then you should be able to sell it without any hidden things.

Put on the web site that the scan is free but you need to buy for x$$$x amount to use it!

People might think your an honest company and have a great software

Sorry to say this comical 100 mhz processor, 64 megs of ram

System Requirements

Internet Connection Required

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, Vista and XP

Processor: 100MHz or greater

Memory: 64 MB or greater

Hard Disk: Need 50 MB or more of free space

Video: Super VGA, , 800x600 resolution

http://www.pcpitstop.com/userguides/PCMagnum_ref.pdf

I think the system requirements were copied from some windows 3.1 program :rofl3:

I was reading the PDF about the product. System requirements have a lot to do with third party junk running in the back ground, hogging memory, thrashing disks......................... But I guess so long as you have windows 7 running on at least a 20 year old computer all is good :P