Sign in to follow this  
JGlow86

Excel- bad image

Hello!

I haven't used Excel on this computer for quite some time, so I don't know when this problem may have started but when I try to open Excel I get:

EXCEL.EXE - Bad Image

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\gfx.dll is either not deigned to run on Windows or it contains an error. Try installing the program again using the original installation media or contact your system administrator or the software vendor for support."

Whether I click Ok or cancel it does not open the program. I've ran several virus scanners and the like and all of them come back free of any malicious software.

Do you have the Office disk to do the repair or re-installation?

Do the other Office components work properly......... Word, etc?

:) Y

Word and the rest also do not function, giving the same error as Excel. I have been unable to find the disks for Office, Im not sure if they were lost, or the programs came pre installed.

According to your profile you are using Windows 7 64 bit. What version of Excel are you trying to run. It may not be designed to run in 64 bit Windows, You may have to try running it in compatibility mode.

It is Microsoft Office 2010 I'm not sure what could cause the compatibility issues, as I have used Excel and Word on the computer before and have saved works. I tried various settings in the compatibility tab and they all still give me the Bad Image error and close down.