Change Mode

Hi, so I recently got my computer back from being fixed and now it's not working again? Second time this has happened, although it's a different problem. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

Started when I first got on my computer (yesterday 4~PM PST), I received these errors:

Msg: chrome.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

RTCMediaMessageWindow: msnmsgr.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL C:\WINDOWS\system32\quartz.dll is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Also, another problem is my sound isn't working. Should I make a new thread for that in User to User help?

My OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600)

DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Is that long set of numbers the update #?

According to the list, mine should be 6.5.1.907 or 6.4.2600.1738.

Why is there a huge gap?

According to the list, mine should be 6.5.1.907 or 6.4.2600.1738

The article is outdated — only XP with SP1 is mentioned. Quartz.dll version 6.5.2600.5512 is included with SP3. DirectX 9c has the five years older 6.5.1.902. So, obviously, you need to install the latest service pack; I suggest using Windows Update for the purpose.

I have SP3.5 and SP2? Is there a separate thing for SP3? When I downloaded the link, it said I had the newest directx.

Service Pack 3 for Windows XP is separate and apart from DirectX and NET Framework updates. What you refer to as "SP 3.5" is probably NET Framework 3.5. "SP2" could indicate Service Pack 2 for Windows XP, or for NET Framework (initial release, or v2.0, or v3.0).

Click Start, right-click My Computer, and click Properties. The Windows service pack level is shown on the General page, under System.

Edited by TomGL2

Please Download DDS from one of these links: Mirror 1 Mirror 2 Mirror 3

• Disable any script blocking protection
  • Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray
  • Save both reports to your desktop.
Then go to our Forum --->http://forums.pcpitstop.com/index.php?showforum=25 And include the contents of both logs in your next post. The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. No need for that though ..... just post it's contents as you would any other log.