Change Mode

awwww yeahhhhh

badbinary

• 4 months later...

Skyrim with mods is the best experience imo. But without still, its much worth looking into due to so many side quests. Some of the books are also pretty good reads, one of which was an excellent mystery story about a queen who feared her own death, locked up in her castle always found an arrow stuck into a painting of her, so she had a cage aroud it and guards watching it 24/7, yet as soon as they fell asleep, the arrow was there, shot right onto the painting of her...so i wont spoil the rest. but you can spend hours just wondering around and musing. You can buy houses and get married, belong to a thiefs guild or all the guilds, make your own swords and armor, potions...etc. Tons of sneeking quests and even one mission impossible style having you get an invite to a special, rich people ensamble where you need to coherese, sneek and kill. Quite involved game if you choose or just do the main quest which is only about 30 hours of gameplay. First or third person perspective options.

I found the dragon fights to get tedious though, but challenging. Some places like traversing the mountains is a long journy and too many steep hills and inclines that you can't climb make wondering around sometimes aggrevating if your not horseback which is often. Overall, i recommend the PC version and its a worthy envestment, even if you don't normally like RPG's.

Well looks like I'm waiting a little while until I build a new system.

This is more fail than any gamer wants to see, especially when the recommended is twice as bad :rofl3:

Posted Image

Not sure how it see's 2.1GB of RAM in this PC, it's got 4 sticks of 512MB DDR400.

Also just realized it shows my graphics card has 512MB of dedicated VRAM. Not sure how it figures that, this card has only 256MB.

Unless it is incorrectly labeled, or the new drivers force 256MB to be shown as 512MB :P

Edited by JustinP526

• 2 months later...

As much as I enjoy playing Skyrim, it sure is buggy.

Kinda takes the fun out of it when I find myself having to use the command console to jump past buggy quests.

Liberate Hjaalmarch just glitched and bugged and I'm in the process of getting past it. :mrsgreen:

Things were buggy at first and then smoothed out for a bit and now this. Hope it smooths back out again.

I don't get a lot of time to play, so when I am able, I do prefer playing rather than trouble-shooting.

I'm gonna go find the Companions next. Any bugs to watch out for there?

:) Y

• 3 weeks later...

I just started playing Skyrim about a week ago, It's my first real jump into the RPG genre and I'd have to say it's been quite addictive. Just started modding it as well.

My biggest compliant about the game has been the horses. They're slow, you can't fight while mounted, and they always run away when you jump off.. Would have been nice if they would have copied Red Dead Redemption's style of horses.

Yeah, that happened to the only horse I actually purchased. Paid $1000, leave whiterun stables, Dragon attacks at the first lookout tower, kills horse :(

After that, I didn't buy any horses.

I do have Shadowmere now, so no more dead horse.

the good thing is that later in the game a horse is pretty much not needed due to quick travel, so thank god for that lol.

Yeah, it took me like 4 hours to get to high Hrothgar to see the Greybeards. I made the mistake of thinking the road signs would take me directly where I needed to go instead of in a giant circle, lol. But yeah, definitely like the fast travel.

Can you fire the bow from the horse? I've been doing a bit of modding, I'm not sure how I missed that one.

I haven't tried it yet, just the sword, but I'll give it a go and let you know.

On a side note, fast travel is a great option to have available, but I do enjoy cruising around on the old horse and checking out the different little hidden gems that are everywhere in Skyrim.

I haven't tried it yet, just the sword, but I'll give it a go and let you know.

On a side note, fast travel is a great option to have available, but I do enjoy cruising around on the old horse and checking out the different little hidden gems that are everywhere in Skyrim.

Yeah me too. It really is a beautiful game. Until a bear attacks you from behind while you're enjoying the view.

Would you happen to have a link for that mod? I couldn't find it on Nexus.

My bad, it was a part of a patch:

Mounted CombatEdit

As of patch 1.6, mounted combat is now available. When wielding a melee weapon a player can swing either side of the horse using either the primary or secondary attack buttons. Note that since the attack buttons are used to decide the direction the swing is unleashed, it is impossible to block or attack with a secondary weapon although power attacks are still possible. Some two-handed weapons (e.g. Warhammer) can be weilded with one hand.

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Horse_(Skyrim)

Looks like the bow won't work though.