Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Viper150

Windows Installer pops up

I just installed Optimize V1.5.10.8 from a cd i purchased some time ago. After booting and while the computer is running, a screen pops up and after clicking cancel several times it goes away. Shortly after it re-appears. If i knew how to post pictures i would but the screen is titled "Windows Installer" and states "The feature you are trying to use is on a CD-ROM or other removable disk that is not available".

"Insert the 'update manager' disk and click OK"

At the bottom of the screen is a scroll down labeled "Use Source" with only one choice listed which is the number "1".

To the right are buttons labeled OK, Cancel and Browse

Can someone help please?

:wp:

What version of Windows did you install Optimize 1.5 on? Can you verify if you just installed Optimize 1.5 or did you also run a scan and clean?

At this point, I would first suggest doing a Windows System Restore back to a point before the issue began to see if that resolves the problem.

If that does not resolve it, or if the issue recurs, please open a ticket at our help desk so that we can get somemore information. You can open a ticket from here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/service.asp

I did run a scan and clean which is when the issue started occuring. I tried to uninstall Optimize but got a message that it was not a .dat file and could not be uninstalled. I didn't think about trying a restore whihc i have now done and it appears to have solved the problem. Thanks for your help.

Glad to hear that took care of it. We can probably keep it from recurring when you run Optimize again if you open a help desk ticket.