Change Mode

XP Machine- spyware issue

Hello,

I have an old XP machine that appears to be having a few issues. I'm guessing it's spyware (had a few problems in the past). A description of the problems:

1) Something hijacked me in the past, and removed all of my links to program files. I've mostly repaired that issue, but noticed that Thunderbird appears to always be running, and I can't uninstall it.

2) My main problem. I'm trying to play a game (which is the only reason I even use this computer). This is a APBA baseball game (this is a very old, simple game) it involves going into the schedule, clicking on the games to play, and then it launches another screen to open the games. This has worked for years, but suddenly my machine stopped launching the 2nd window for the games. Also, my screen resolution was changed by something, making me suspect that something got ahold of my display controls, but I'm not sure how to regain control.

I can run a hijackthis, but I'm not sure where to go from there. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Noel

Hello noelman and :wp:

I can run a hijackthis, but I'm not sure where to go from there

Are you able to connect to the Internet with the machine?

If you can connect, download this tool and scan your machine:

• DDS

• Please download DDS from here and save it to your desktop.
  • Disable any script blocking protection (How to Disable your Security Programs)
  • Double click on the DDS icon to run the tool (may take up to 3 minutes to run).
  • When done, DDS.txt will open.
  • After a few moments, attach.txt will open in a second window.
  • Save both reports to your desktop.

Once you have saved the logs to your desktop, please start a new thread in our HJT forum located here: http://forums.pcpits...ijackthis-logs/

Paste the logs into the new thread and wait for a Trusted HJT Advisor to contact you.

If you are unable to connect to the net with the machine, please scan the system with HiJackThis and post the log in the HJT forum as described :)