Change Mode

I have had the playsushi virus infecting my computer for an indefinite amount of time (at least a month) from an unknown source and have been reluctant to deal with it due to my utter lack of computer skills. Initial symptoms included my spyware going crazyy, informing me that there was harmfull materal on page I know contain no such thing, and I've read about others experiencing this symptom as well. However, it has recently begun to expand, and is now incorporating vibrant ads. After doing some snooping I have learned it is extremely hard to fully dispose of this particular virus, and thus I request help. To complicate matters, my spyware has recently expired, and I have yet to continue my subscription. Is there any suggestions? (Note: As stated before I have absolutely no knowledge of texhnical computer terms, so simplistic instructions would be apreciated.)

Look in Add/Remove Programs and uninstall PlaySushi.

Next, Copy and paste these lines in Note pad. Save it to the desk top. Vista and Windows 7 need to run as Administrator

@Echo on

pushd\windows\system32\drivers\etc

attrib -h -s -r hosts

echo 127.0.0.1 localhost>HOSTS

attrib +r +h +s hosts

popd

ipconfig /release

ipconfig /renew

ipconfig /flushdns

netsh winsock reset all

netsh int ip reset all

shutdown -r -t 1

del %0

Save as flush.bat to your desktop.

Double click on the flush.bat file to run it. Your computer will reboot itself.

Now, I'd like you to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

• Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.

ESET OnlineScan

• Click the Posted Image button.
  • For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
    • Click on Posted Image to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
    • Double click on the Posted Image icon on your desktop.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Accept any security warnings from your browser.
  • Check Posted Image
  • Push the Start button.
  • ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
  • When the scan completes, push Posted Image
  • Push Posted Image, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
  • Push the Posted Image button.
  • Push Posted Image