Google Redirecting Me To Different Sites Or Back To Itself

fireresq7

Hello,

I went ahead and did everything you asked and everything worked perfectly BUT still no success!! After doing everything you asked the computer is still resetting into the windows recovery error page!

Is there any other way to reinstall windows and not lose any files?

Hello fireresq7

Lets see if we can access the machine using the following tool:

• xPUD

We will need a USB stick and a CD. It is not absolutely essential that it is formatted, but it may help if it is:

• Insert your USB drive ino the uninfected machine.
  • Click on Start > My Computer > right click your USB drive > choose Format > Quick format.

• Next, we will burn the CD - please do the following:
  • Download GETxPUD.exe to the desktop of your clean computer
  • Run GETxPUD.exe
  • A new folder will appear on the desktop.
  • Open the GETxPUD folder and click on the get&burn.bat
  • The program will download xpud_0.9.2.iso, and when finished will open BurnCDCC ready to burn the image.
  • Click on Start and follow the prompts to burn the image to a CD.

Now do the following:

• Download http://noahdfear.net/downloads/xPUD_userinit_fix to your USB
  • Remove the USB and insert it into the infected computer
  • Boot the infected computer with the CD you just burned
  • The computer must be set to boot from the CD
  • Follow the prompts
  • A Welcome to xPUD screen will appear
  • Press File
  • Expand mnt
  • sda1,2...usually corresponds to your HDD
  • sdb1 is likely your USB
  • Click on the folder that represents your USB drive (sdb1 ?)
  • Confirm that you see xPUD_userinit_fix that you downloaded there
  • Press Tool on the top menu bar
  • Choose Open Terminal
  • Type bash xPUD_userinit_fix (Please note the space between "bash" and "xPUD").
  • Press Enter
  • After it has finished a report will be located on your USB drive named UserinetReport.txt
  • Remove the USB drive and insert back in your working computer and navigate to UserinetReport.txt

Please note - all text entries are case sensitive

Copy and paste the UserinetReport.txt for me to review

Wow if it's not one thing ...it's another. Ok I followed all your steps until the point of booting from the disc. The Xpud screen comes up but it asks me what langauge I want first, not anything that says "File". It then goes to a command styled screen and a bunch of stuff I don't understand too much. Here are a bunch of pictures (in order as it came out) Not sure if I have the wrong version of Xpud?? Again Thanks for all your help... Hopefully I'll be out of your hair soon!!!

Is the userinit_fix file is a .txt file?Just want to make sure.

post-33373-0-18612900-1317138155_thumb.jpg

post-33373-0-99439100-1317138169_thumb.jpg

post-33373-0-97277700-1317138183_thumb.jpg

post-33373-0-06358100-1317138201_thumb.jpg

Edited by fireresq7

Hello fireresq7

Wow if it's not one thing ...it's another

I hear you Rory... It does not sound as though xPUD wants to play ball :(

While I look into the xPUD issue, lets see if we can at least try to retrieve the data from the unbootable machine.

• Puppy Linux

• Download a Puppy Linux ISO from here
  • Instructions describing how to burn an ISO disk using ImgBurn can be found here
  • Set your Bios boot priority to CD as first boot and boot the infected system from the CD.
  • Puppy will load into your RAM memory. It is a full linux-based operating system, and you can use it to transfer data folders to a USB hard drive or flash drive.
  • Detailed instructions about how to recover data using Puppy Linux can be found here

• NOTES:
  • Please make sure that the flash drive or external storage drive is plugged into the infected machine before Puppy is booted so it is able to "see" the external drives.
  • Only try to copy 1 folder at a time..... if you try to copy off more than one at a time then Puppy may struggle.
  • You can open a window in Puppy for the hard drive and also one for your external drive (have them both on screen at the same time...) then you can just highlight a folder on the hard drive and drag it across to the external drive. once you have copied one folder across, then just move straight on the next...

Let me know how you get on in your next reply and if you run into any problems just let me know :)

Thank You JonTom, but I'm gonna let you off the hook! I had my brother load some Linux program called Ubuntu (sp?). With that he was able to transfer and save all my files. So I went ahead and started the reformatting process. I wish I would of made restore images. Next time I will do this plus back up my computer every month! I'm sorry I put you through he'll but I figured that this was going to be a long and stubborn process, and I really didn't want to make you go crazy. Again, I thank you tremendously for your time and best efforts! I guess I had to raise the white flag and surrender.

Rory

Hello fireresq7

Ubuntu will do the job just as well :)

I'm glad you managed to get your data off the infected system. It was clear from the outset that this machine had more than its fair share of serious problems. Considering the number of thwarted attempts to resolve those problems I believe that a reformat and reinstall of the operating system was probably the best course of action.

Again, I thank you tremendously for your time and best efforts

There is no need to thank me at all, I'm just pleased that you have your system back up and running.

Please respond to this thread one more time so we can consider this problem resolved.

Best wishes

JonTom