Sign in to follow this  
ChrisK

White Screen When Playing Games

Lately when playing games such as World of Tanks, the Sims 3, Minecraft, WoW etc... my laptop screen turns completely white. I'm able to close the lid and reopen it, which fixes the problems for a few seconds, enough to save or quit, then the screen goes white again until the game is shut down. Surfing the internet or performing other functions the issue does not happen. Does anyone have any ideas on a possible solution? I have the graphics drivers up to the most current installed, and have run spyware scans, virus scans etc...

System specs:

Presario CQ61 notebook PC

3GB of ram

Windows 7 64 bit operating system

AMD Athlon II Dual Core M300 2Ghz

ATI Radeon 4200 HD graphics 1482Mb

tyvm in advance for any assistance you guys can provide

Just an update, I hooked the laptop up to a monitor and tried the same games, and no white screen, yet the screen on the laptop still went white (i used both at once to see). And i believe i forgot to add, when i run the laptop on battery power it doesn't seem to happen, although the battery doesn't last long anymore.

Hope this info is helpful

you can try updating the drivers first and see if that helps, but you might need a new screen, This place has good prices and "bliss5off" code will get you a discount too

http://www.blisscomputers.net/

you can try updating the drivers first and see if that helps, but you might need a new screen, This place has good prices and "bliss5off" code will get you a discount too

http://www.blisscomputers.net/

The drivers for the video card are updated, and if it comes to using another screen I'll look into that. i was just thinking if it doesn't do it on battery power maybe there is soemthing else that can be done, but maybe its just a hardware issue

No when its plugged into an external monitor it doesn't happen at all, either plugged in or on battery. I tried it and kept the laptop screen on as well just to see, and the laptop screen goes white but the external screen is fine