Za Rootkit, Attn: Aaflac

dp01011

Aaflac. Well, I can't say enough about your skill set, promptness, and assistance in this matter. Thank you very very much for your time and effort on this ZA mess. I wonder. Is there a way to PM you?

Oh. Btw, did the combofix uninstall. PC seems to be back to par!!!!!!

~d

dp01011,

Thank you for the kind words. I enjoy trying to solve malware problems.

The PM option is available by clicking my name. However, I prefer to provide any assistance publicly, snd then it can also be sharered with others in need of help.

If you did the following, CF uninstalled:

Click Start > Run and copy/paste, the following bolded text into the Run box and click OK:

ComboFix /uninstall

ComboFix will uninstall itself from your computer

Do not understand your comment:

Er user auth control

Here is Microsoft's take on UAC:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/What-is-User-Account-Control

As far as phones with software on the computer, would presume User Account Control would still exercise its additional security feature. If this happens, UAC needs to be configured to allow access, which I presume os what you did.

This is uncharted territory for me. BlueTooth technology, etc., is not 'my thing'. :P

Hi Aaflac. Just wanted to check back in and give a follow up THANK YOU! Everything seems to be working normally. Re the kind words, I was hoping they could be useful for your resume or as a testimonial if you opened your own biz. Best wishes and thank you from taking me from :pullhair: to :rolleyes::clap:

~d

Glad it is going well for you!!

"I was hoping they could be useful for your resume or as a testimonial if you opened your own biz."

:mrgreen: I am a retired USAF Civilian, however, I appreciate your thought!

Take care!

• 3 weeks later...

It appears that the malware issue presented is resolved, therefore the topic is closed.

Please send me or any Moderator a Personal Message (PM) with this topic's link if there is a reason to re-open it.

Thanks.