Change Mode

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HTC Inspire/DHD

I got it for the 1Ghz proc, 768Mb ram and 4.3" SLCD screen plus it has a HUGE developer base.

When the HTC Holiday(1.2Ghz dual core, 1Gig ram and 4.5" QHD screen) is released later this year, I'll be stepping up to it and passing this down to my wife to replace her Aria.

Edited by Tx Redneck

HTC Inspire/DHD

I got it for the 1Ghz proc, 768Mb ram and 4.3 SLCD screen plus it has a HUGE developer base.

When the HTC Holiday is released later this year, I'll be stepping up to it and passing this down to my wife to replace her Aria.

That's a lot of muscle for a phone, Tex. How's the battery life?

:) Y

That's a lot of muscle for a phone, Tex. How's the battery life?

HORRIBLE! :lol: The phone's design only allows a 1250mAh battery so it eats it rather quickly but having rooted and slapped CM7 on it, I can go more than a day but rarely do due to constant use. :P

Aside from battery life, the screens on both of those look nice and crisp. Big problem for me and my age are my tired eyes having trouble reading the small screens.

I didn't care for the Blackberry because of this, but did consider the iPhone because it was easier to view.

Smart phone for me is rarely used as a phone. :lol:

Me too on the phone comment. I use mine to remote administer pc's via Team Viewer, get directions via GMaps, email constantly and the list goes on and on.

The Inspire is a great phone, I just want teh next big thing. I can't afford to w/puters but via carrier subsidies aka contract extension.

I have the LG Optimus V. Not the speediest phone but it's smooth and was only 100 bucks without a contract. Not to mention I only pay 25 bucks a month. Runs Android 2.2.1

I've got the HTC Desire HD and love it.

Had it nearly 12 months now..got it the week of the UK release.

Good size screen, fast processor, good internal memory and ability to expand (Unlike iPhoney).

Got it for the internet as I work away a lot. Now become my office tool of choice with Google docs, calender etc.

The battery is an issue, but I can get a good days use out of it. My comment about battery life though to new users who complain is "Switch on your laptop....spend a while on the internet using wireless, play a game for 1/2 hour, watch a film, send a text or 2...see how many hours you get out of it......then remember you have a phone!!".

Indeed, and that's why I primarily use my netbook when I'm on the go.

Currently, I have a mobile phone that is an actual phone.

I use each for separate functions and that really was the basis of my curiosity as to whether it would be more beneficial for me to "condense", and what features were most important to others here at the Pit.

The fact that you can view/edit/create most of the common office formatted documents from the devices now, edit video-music and pics... almost makes a netbook obsolete aside from the screen real estate.

Ohh, quad core phones are slated for 2012 too. :P

Edited by Tx Redneck

Sounds great Tx but a 4.3" screen is more than I want to handle. Must be a toy for a younger generation

agreed, a mobile phone must be small and light with good battery life in case i couldn't get to a charger for a couple of days, it's got one purpose only and that's to make/someone call in an emergency, that's it.

when i'm out the last thing i want to do is play games/check up on my facebook page(if i had one). :laughing:

if you need a mobile device for work then there's no way a 4.3inch screen can compete with a 10" pad or better still a netbook/laptop with real keyboard for doing some serious work.

i might get a smart phone one day just for the "cool" "fun" factor but i'd never consider it for serious work/internet use and it certainly wouldn't be in my top 5 must have devices.

:b33r:

The 4.3 inch screen on the DHD is just right, I need the phone just to keep up with all the stuff TX keeps posting to my Google + account!!.

Terry you're right, the screen is restrictive for 'real work', but for just checking documents or updating my calendar on the go it has become indispensable.....and I make calls on it; occasionally Posted Image

The 4.3 inch screen on the DHD is just right, I need the phone just to keep up with all the stuff TX keeps posting to my Google + account!!.

Terry you're right, the screen is restrictive for 'real work', but for just checking documents or updating my calendar on the go it has become indispensable.....and I make calls on it; occasionally Posted Image

Are you saying I post to frequently? :D

Are you saying I post to frequently? :D

You can actually see what your posting with that thing?

I thought my 10" netbook screen was small. I have to admit there is a "cool factor" with all these newer phones. But like Terry, I only use mine to call with.

fyi: I have a samsung sch-u640. It does have gps capability and some other stuff but I do not use it

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-U640EKAVZW

You can actually see what your posting with that thing?

I thought my 10" netbook screen was small. I have to admit there is a "cool factor" with all these newer phones. But like Terry, I only use mine to call with.

fyi: I have a samsung sch-u640. It does have gps capability and some other stuff but I do not use it

http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/cell-phones/SCH-U640EKAVZW

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...