Change Mode

I have THE hardest dadgum time getting a rig configured. I was given a mobo to be able to run 3 GPU's in and got it swapped w/ my old 775 board w/out a hitch, now I can't get the GPU's to fold on the correct ones w/ the correct FAH cores.

Anyone wanna help a brother out? I'm frazzled from screwin with this thing for the last 3hrs.

Tx

SCORE!!!! I FINALLY figured it out. It appears that this mobo numbers the pcie slots from the bottom up rather than top down and that was causing my issues.

I now have the q6600, GTS450. 9800GTX+ and 9800GT all makin heat! Now i need a high volume 120mm fan for the front of the case. The 9800GTX+'s intake fan is about 1/8th of an inch from the back of the 9800GT's PCB and is running warmer than I'd like. I need to get more air to it somehow, maybe pull the side cover for now?

Edited by Tx Redneck

I got my temp issues taken care of and tried like hades to OC this thing but the mobo just won't hack it. Looks like all stock clocks from here on out w/ this board.

Had to get a new psu for this rig, my 700w ocz was showin 11.84 on the 12v so i got an antec 760w w/4 40a rails instead of 2 25a rails.

Should be enough huh?

11.84 on the 12v is fine.

usually tolerance is +/- 5% i think, 11.84 is about -1.5% so well in tolerance and unless you were having problems you haven't mentioned i'd have kept on using it.

:b33r:

OK, the bet I've been able to get outta this mobo for oc is 2.6 from 2.4 It just does not like to oc.

Unclefuzzy, was that a MSI mobo you had this chip in and couldn't get a decent oc out of it? I ask because this one is and it just hates it all the way but the Biostar it was in would boot and run @ 3.3 on air but won't fold.

Ahhh. I haven't been able to get this one past 2.6. :grr:

Ohh well, it's folding now nonetheless.

BTW, thanks again for the chip UF! :tup:

Edited by Tx Redneck

Shoot, I have a case but that's it. No processor, cooler, psu or GPU's or I'd jump on it like ugly on a monkey.

With that being said, I still have the P45 Biostar that CB gave me 2yrs ago that oc'd so good. It's now back in its box collecting dust. :P

I should be able in a FAAAAAR better place financially this time next year and should be able to get MOAR parts to make heat with.

Edited by Tx Redneck

Da nada. At least it's folding again instead of sitting idle in my parts closet.

The P45 board it came from is just sitting here gathering dust, if you think you might want to try it.

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

2 PCIE slots

Wish I was in the market for a Skt. 775 mobo to fold with, I'd jump on that in a New York minute...

:geezer:

Well carp, I spoke to soon. The bsod bug is back. :grrr:

Only once so far, maybe a fluke deal??? I hope so.

Edited by Tx Redneck

It looks like I'm going to have to go back to my old setup, this 2 card board is horribly unstable with this hardware. Makes me thankful I didn't format the drive and wipe all the old stuff out, I just partitioned it and installed the new OS.

Just an update, I swapped the ram in this rig to some GSkill PC2 6400 from some nVidia "SLI" PC2 8500 and it seems to have helped, well that and stock clocks on the processor. We'll see...

Edited by Tx Redneck

I don't see any post from you "over there"... :rolleyes:

:geezer:

that aimed at me?? :laughing:

don't think i can add anything that bryan wouldn't know already, caintry.

i doubt changing the ram from 8500 to 6400 made any difference to the stability of the setup unless 1 of the sticks were bad anyway, setting the cpu back to stock probably did that.

i'm sure he's connected all the correct power cables to both cards and motherboard.

probably googled the bsod codes to see if they identify exactly what hardware might be causing the instability too.

might be worth seeing if the motherboard has any bios updates from msi that could increase stability.

might also be worth slightly underclocking the cards to see if that makes it more stable.

but as for overclocking the cpu goes, i'm pretty sure tex knows a lot more than i do with that setup, could try using just 1 stick of ram while ocing but that's about it. ;)

:b33r:

Edited by terry1966

CB, it said I have to wait for a mod to approve my post. :shrug:

Terry, I went from ok ram to really good ram. The BSOD code was ram generally ram related, hence the reason I tried it before going all the way back to the old setup.

Edited by Tx Redneck