Just a distro with an old tried and failed method of trying to make Linux look and behave like windows. It has been tried many times before, not only has it failed time and again, but the companies that tried it are literally all but gone now.

Give it a try and see if you like it. Some folks do.

Hiya Bruce

After reading your reply i think i'll stick with my current distro Austrumi and keep trying to configure the keyboard for the English language.

Thanks for the reply Bruce.

Think i'll give it a miss and still with an OS like Ubuntu. Have been considering whether or not to give Slitaz-3 or even Tiny Core a try out.

Thanks for the reply though dog_soldier.

• 1 month later...

Have just come across a distro called JULinux and would like to know if anyone has used this distro and their opinions of it please.

JULinux 8 won the famous software award for 2010 for being the most user friendly Linux distribution of the year. There are currently over 4,000 new users of JULinux every day. JULinux is based on Ubuntu, however it has patched many of Ubuntu's bugs, and made using Linux much easier for the end-user. JULinux gets a 90% conversion rate when Windows users see it in action.

JULinux History:

How to get your Windows friends to switch:

What Windows 8 would be like if it was designed for the end user: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=dr9jpntQoC0

Enjoy!

i tried it on a thumb drive just to see what it was. its based on kubuntu and is ok but i wouldnt use it but that dont mean you wont like it. i would say burn it to cd or a thumb drive and try it for yourself.

also try here http://distrowatch.com/ for other distro's

It uses the Gnome interface, but looks so much like XP I can't blame you for thinking it was KDE.

does seem strange their first 3 post are on this thread and if you look at their profile their website is for this distro

Are you trying to say I have something to do with JULinux? Because if you were to ask me I'd have to answer yes.

I just found this when googling JULinux and thought I'd set the record straight by bringing up a few facts.

JULinux is what I'm talking about, The interface it uses is Gnome not KDE. If you don't know what those are use the magic powers of Google.

KDE does not look like XP at all. How about you use Google.

• 1 month later...

JULinux is based off of Ubuntu 8.04 32 bit. I tried using Ultamatix to install OpenOffice.org 3 when 2.4 were already installed but it died and locked up my system. I had to manually reboot with the reset button. Why? It said that some sort of apt-get problem was caused because another instance of apt-get was running?