Change Mode

Dmicall.sys Problems

samzak

Hello,

My Sony VAIO VGNNW130J is running windows vista (SP2). I was loving it until a month ago when it started freezing very randomly and nothing seems to work unless a hard shutdown (using the power off button). My laptop has NOD32 running as an AntiVirus, so after I ran the scan I got some JAVA trojan but I was able to remove it (every time I run a scan now I don't get any viruses!); however the laptop is still freezing all the time. I also have MalwareByte installed and this did not give me any infected files. So I went ahead and checked the event viewer and every time the laptop freezes, I get the following error:

\SystemRoot\SysWow64\DRIVERS\DMICall.sys has been blocked from loading due to incompatibility with this system. Please contact your software vendor for a compatible version of the driver.

And the event viewer is full of these errors

The following boot-start or system-start driver(s) failed to load: DMICall.

I am not sure what should I do, I really don't want to format my laptop, I do have a backup of my files but I would rather not format it.

Please any help would be very appreciated; I might be missing some information that you need ( sorry about that) so please let me know what other information do you need.

Thank you in advance,

SamZak

Hi. :)

Malware may have corrupted the driver in question and requires updating...Go to this Sony site, enter the modal number of your laptop etc and go to the drivers section and download the appropriate driver.

Or use this alternative Sony site. The updated driver you are looking for is:-

DMI(Call service) driver

If still problems afterwards...Please read this topic:-

Before Posting Your Hijackthis Log - Read This!

Then create a new topic and post the appropriate logs in this part of the forum:-

HijackThis Logs

Then please wait patiently until a approved helper is available to assist you, thank you.

Malware may have corrupted the driver in question and requires updating...Go to this Sony site, enter the modal number of your laptop etc and go to the drivers section and download the appropriate driver.

Or use this alternative Sony site. The updated driver you are looking for is:-

DMI(Call service) driver

If still problems afterwards...Please read this topic:-

Before Posting Your Hijackthis Log - Read This!

Then create a new topic and post the appropriate logs in this part of the forum:-

HijackThis Logs

Then please wait patiently until a approved helper is available to assist you, thank you.

Hi Dakeyras,

Thank you for your reply!! I am trying to install the driver but for some reason I can't find it!! Do you happen to know what is the name of the driver?

Thank you.

SamZak

Thank you for your reply!!

You're welcome!

OK try this Sony Site, it is the DMI(Call service) driver you require. If unable to locate it may be worth considering merely updating all Drives on your machine as the one you require may be part of another update bundle for example. If still no joy my best advice would be to ask in this part of the forum and one of the excellent IT Techs here in PC Pitstop should be able to assist you far better than myself...

User to User Help

As primarily I only provide Anti-Malware support not specific IT Software/Hardware support. Then in the event still issues afterwards by all means post a request for assistance in the Malware Removal part of the forum I mentioned in my first post to your good self. :tup:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Dakeyras,

I am sorry for the late reply but my laptop is not working at all so I had to find a different computer that I can use. I formatted the whole drive and reinstalled windows vista but surprisingly I am still facing the same problem. The laptop freezes and I get the Dmicall.sys error. I have noticed something though; every time I move the laptop or I shake it, this is when the laptop freezes and this is when I get this error. I have no idea how they are related and I am not sure what to do ( it looks like it is a hardware issue).

Any help or advice will be very appreciated! thank you Posted Image

SamZak

You're welcome!

OK try this Sony Site, it is the DMI(Call service) driver you require. If unable to locate it may be worth considering merely updating all Drives on your machine as the one you require may be part of another update bundle for example. If still no joy my best advice would be to ask in this part of the forum and one of the excellent IT Techs here in PC Pitstop should be able to assist you far better than myself...

User to User Help

As primarily I only provide Anti-Malware support not specific IT Software/Hardware support. Then in the event still issues afterwards by all means post a request for assistance in the Malware Removal part of the forum I mentioned in my first post to your good self. :tup:

@caintry_boy Thx for the info...I will try to follow the steps.

@MalwarekillerShreyas Yeah I agree. What's really concerning me is that even after I formatted my laptop and reinstalled vista I am still getting the same error in the Event Viewer!! Do you know if there is any driver for it or do you have any kind of help?

Thank you!

SamZak