Sign in to follow this  
nomatch1

Best Pc Speakers?

Right now I currently have the Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 . I want to upgrade my PC Speakers for music, but there isn't much of a selection that I see. Are the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s much better than my speakers on music?? Or is it better off getting the Logitech Z-5500? I need something thats sharp and crisp that plays low bass without distorting. What would you guys recommend? I have an Audigy 2 soundcard. Thanks ,

Logitech usually seems to have the best rated speakers. Bose has also recently put out a set for the PC, dunno how they sound. I also really liked the speaker set made by Razor, they looked really nice as well.

Right now I currently have the Logitech Z-5300e 5.1 . I want to upgrade my PC Speakers for music, but there isn't much of a selection that I see. Are the Klipsch Promedia 2.1s much better than my speakers on music?? Or is it better off getting the Logitech Z-5500? I need something thats sharp and crisp that plays low bass without distorting. What would you guys recommend? I have an Audigy 2 soundcard. Thanks ,

I've been building PC'c for a couple of years and have tried Logitech speakers on a few builds and then compared them to the bose systems and there is no comparison. My advice is to invest a little more for the Bose and I assure you you won't be disappointed. On my home PC I have the Bose 2.1 system and audigy sound card and it's a great combination,from classical to rock these speakers ROCK.

Klipshch isnt nearly as good since they sold out to Audiovox. their made much cheaper now and they already started making thinner cast baskets and i suspect thinner MDF and ABS as well, not that they were really good to begin with. ABS is the worst thing you can use for a speaker box and even their old designs had less xmax per size than some other audio manufacturers.

Honestly your better off building your own if you want some real sound quality for the price. build something that can move some real air and not rely on coloring. Or do what most audiophiles do, use actual HT reciever and audio speakers as even a cheaper set would yield far better results than any of the current PC audio in a box's will.

I have always loved cyberacoustics speakers. But I am not sure if they make the bigger systems anymore. If they do, I believe you will like the,. I have had the same set for like 5 years and they still pound. http://www.cyberacoustics.com

Thank you,

Bart.

Klipshch isnt nearly as good since they sold out to Audiovox. their made much cheaper now and they already started making thinner cast baskets and i suspect thinner MDF and ABS as well, not that they were really good to begin with. ABS is the worst thing you can use for a speaker box and even their old designs had less xmax per size than some other audio manufacturers.

Honestly your better off building your own if you want some real sound quality for the price. build something that can move some real air and not rely on coloring. Or do what most audiophiles do, use actual HT reciever and audio speakers as even a cheaper set would yield far better results than any of the current PC audio in a box's will.