Change Mode

Virus Removal

A friend of mine asked me to take a look at his Laptop which has been down 2 months due to a virus. He is not able to connect to the Internet so to try and remove this virus (if possible) it will have to be done off-line. If I was to go back before the virus entered the system and do a System Restore would this correct the problem? If this is not a method that can be done could anyone lead me to a possible solution? Thank you!

More info about the PC would be helpful. What make/model/Operating System?? What virus?

:geezer:

Not quite sure of the virus type. It is a HP Professional version 2002 (compaq nx9010) and running XP OS.

Lets try this...download SUPERAntispyware on a good known clean PC and install it. Now copy the Program Files/SUPERAntispyware and burn it to cd or copy to a flash/thumb drive. Now start the infected PC and turn off System Restore (Start/Control Panel/System/System Restore), pop in the cd/flash drive and run the program, if it won't run, you may have to start in Safe Mode and run it. After it runs be sure everything is selected that it finds and click "next" to Quarantine. Reboot and see how it runs.

:geezer:

Archived