Change Mode

Is This Machine A Loser At Life?

Well, the family tells me this machine is a loser and maybe it is. I have been holding out hope I can make it good enough to play simple games, like my favorite old shooter game "Medal of Honor" that I play with a clan.

Here's the link to my score

Thanks for any ideas you can give me.

Seven / aka beachbirdie (I couldn't remember my password for original user name!!!) :pullhair:)

Mornin BB,

About all that ol' dog is good for is itnterwebernets surfin, email and office type things. You should really get you a new rig. They're very inexpensive comparatively, to when that was purchased.

Tx

About all that ol' dog is good for is itnterwebernets surfin, email and office type things

Hello Tx Redneck,

Thanks for your replyl.

That's about all we do with this one, I was just kinda hopin' I might be able to squeeze a little more out of it. I mostly sits in the middle of our little network and connects us to the printer, lets us view the family photos, and does homework for college students. It actually was an old business machine that the company was dumping and it was a freebie.

I will come back with my real machine and check it out too...this is a cool tool and a great forum!

seven / beachbirdie

Edited by beachbirdie

Hey "birdie"...start by following the tips listed in the "Recommended Fixes". Then go into the "Software Tab"/Processes and disable those processes listed. That'll free up some RAM for you.

Another thing you can try is to go here > http://www.blackviper.com/2008/05/19/black-vipers-windows-xp-x86-32-bit-service-pack-3-service-configurations/ and follow the guide under "Safe" and follow the recommendations there. < Keep track of what you disable, 'cause you may want to turn it back on.....

:geezer: