Change Mode

Ap Monitor Appears In Taskbar

TinLizzy

One of my computers is seriously affected (by a worm?) I have posted the hijack this log in the appropriate section.

I had previously noticed a taskbar box showing 'AP Monitor' (green and black icon) appear quickly and then disappear.

I am using a secondary laptop (160RAM!!!) and saw the same icon, tonight, appear in the taskbar box and quickly disappear.

Is this something that should concern me, as I did not download this program and does not show in programs.

I have genuine concerns about being monitored, though try not to become overly dramatic about it, hoping what is happening is a generic problem.

Is this program attached to something I downloaded or could it have been 'sent' to me?

Appreciate any input.

(All my files delete at times after my pc becomes non responsive for a while)

I have discovered that this is related to Advanced System Care.

I am spending hours a day trying to figure out why all my files delete as soon as I open them.

If I click on a desktop icon I am asked if I want to delete and have to restart computer to get rid of the window.

I added a log to HJT section but so far have had no response after a couple of weeks. Should I continue to wait (I appreciate it is voluntary) or is this a problem that cannot be fixed and that is why there is no response?

I cannot boot into Safe mode. Unless I click on F2 when restarting, my screen goes to BIOS set up and sometimes will not respond to any changes or exiting so I have to reboot again.

I have used as many scans as possible. Unfortunately, when set up attempts, the 'location' is deleted and if I try to browse and add a location it asks me if I want to delete, which means I have to reboot again as task manager goes crazy and adds many error pages.

I refuse to give up, but running out of ideas.

Appreciate any input or suggestions.

Should I add a new HJT log?