Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Signman

Bruce...where Are You?

Has anybody heard from Bruce? I don't know what area he lives in but the tornado in Mass. was a bad one. Hope he's OK.

My power just came back on.

Our community is devastated.

I was at work when they said it was headed directly towards us. I waork pretty much on a mountain top, so we had a clear view of it approaching, we watched the tornado coming straight at us we were just about ready to get in our cars and get the hell out of there when it made a sharp turn, it passed by us about 1500 feet away. I simply can't believe the amount of damage.

Obviously nothing like the recent storms in the midwest, but it is so unusual for our area.

My neighborhood was untouched, but everything around me is wrecked. I have many friends who have massive damage to their homes.

I had several friends and family members come looking for me when they heard it went right through where I work. No phones and cell towers not functioning I had no way to tell them I was fine.

Wales, Massachusetts.

WOW Geezer, I am sorry to hear that happened to you. You have definitly got some major weather events happening in your areas. massive ice and snow, now a Massive tornado. That had to be scary to see. I am glad you and your family is ok. I read about the tornado's and seen a few vids. Horrible devistation. Seems to be happening all over the country this year. Sadly is, next it will be hurricanes :(

Jeff

Glad to see you, Bruce.

How'd Romeo fair the ordeal?

:) Y

Storms don't seem to bother Romeo at all. He wouldn't leave me for second, I almost tripped over him a couple times he was staying so close to me.

Here is a video of a friend who was in a building when it directly hit them. Please excuse the language, you have to understand what they just survived and it is understandable the language in the video.

The area where I live is dense forest and this time of year you can't see more than 50 feet into the sides of the raods, the video below is an area where you can barely see the towing company/car lot because of the dense forest. It now looks like a baron desert.

I also have some pictures I will post later on, and more tomorrow.

We are used to Hurricanes here, and can prepare for them, but there really is no preparing for a tornado other then running like hell when you see it coming.

DADGUM! I didn't get home from work till 8:15 CST so I hadn't seen the news. Glad you and Sue are ok Bruce.

This is a video of the street where I work. I was 1500 feet away from this and watched it happen.

good to see your safe Bruce, you know i have never even seen a tornado, even though there normal in Texas. im glad i never had the chance to see one for myself for obvuious reasons. but i bet its very surreal when your that damn close to one where a tornado is not even thought of ever forming

Good to learn that you and Sue are OK, Bruce.

Looks like your community has its work cut out.

Stay safe.

Hey Guys this is Jennie am new to this Site.... Please add me to your community !.. Thanks and Regards

Hi Jennie welcome.

I've lived in an area that is tornado prone all my life. I have been blessed that my home has never been hit, but have survived through ones that have come terribly close. Can tell you, your nerves are shattered.

Seems there are certain clouds you learn to focus on, or I'm just crazy :shifty:

The only thing you can do to prepare is to start watching TV weather or internet radar when you see those low black clouds come in, and listen for the tornado sirens.

We have a designated "hide" place and believe you me you will use it when needed.

Bruce, glad you and Sue are o.k....terrible destruction there from your video's. Lot's of injuries come after the storm too, be careful out there.

:geezer:

Glad to hear your o.k., sorry about the neighbors

Wow! I'm also glad you're safe!

I've been on the edge of a couple of tornadoes too ... very scary.

Good too hear that you and Sue are OK. Was a little worried when I checked where you are in relation to where it hit.

If you have watched the video on the first page, then this is a a before and after. The before image is from google earth street view. The after picture........well I don't think it needs explaining.

Posted Image