Sign in to follow this  
KAHN

Super Shield

I removed Nortons from my computer and let “Super shield” take over, windows reports that I have no virus protection, why not?

-----

KAHN

I have never heard of "Super shield", and after a Google search it doesn't seem like a very popular defense system. I'd probably uninstall it and get something more suitable such as AVG, ClamWin, Antivir etc.

-T

I removed Nortons from my computer and let “Super shield” take over, windows reports that I have no virus protection, why not?

-----

KAHN

:wp:

We are in the process of getting SuperShield added to the Microsoft list of recognized security products. In the meantime, you can follow the instructions from Microsoft for ending the message you are seeing. A link to those instructions are here:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Use-antivirus-software-that-Windows-doesnt-find

I have never heard of "Super shield", and after a Google search it doesn't seem like a very popular defense system. I'd probably uninstall it and get something more suitable such as AVG, ClamWin, Antivir etc.

-T

I'm not surprised that there is not much on Google yet as SuperShield is a brand new product using a brand new technology developed exclusively by PC Pitstop.

There are more details about SuperShield here:

http://www.pcpitstop.com/store/supershield_info.asp

HELLO intelGuy:

I am now running “Super Shield” as my only virus software, I have 3 desktop computers, one with Bitdefender, and 2 with Norton, the one with Bitdefender contracted the “win 7” virus, I was so mad I decided to eliminate Bitdefender and use “Super Shield”, I had to re-load my system from an earlier disk image to eliminate it.

I like the philosophy of “Super Shield”, If you study and know the genuine, you can always spot the counterfeit, it makes far more sense to only allow the good instead of trying to prevent the bad. I believe all antivirus software will have to go to the philosophy, the virus industry is growing exponentially, and it can only prevent the virus from running AGAIN, instead of just preventing it from running.

QUESTION?

Now will “Super Shield” prevent the “win 7” virus from running on my CPU?

KAHN

Unless somehow the "win 7" virus has been inadvertently added to the local SuperShield "Always Allow" list, SuperShield will definitely block all attempts for it to execute.

It should be noted, however, that the initial window that pops up on the local screen is not the virus itself. It is just a window embedded in a web page, usually. Clicking on the window is what starts the virus download. Once the virus executable tries to run and install itself, that is when SuperShield will kick in.

I have been using Super Shield since may 2011 on ten different computers as my only virus protection software, and I am completely satisfied with the product.

I eliminated Norton, Bitdefender, & Titanium, it is included in PCmatic which I also run on all ten computers.

KAHN

I like the philosophy of "Super Shield", If you study and know the genuine, you can always spot the counterfeit, it makes far more sense to only allow the good instead of trying to prevent the bad. I believe all antivirus software will have to go to the philosophy, the virus industry is growing exponentially, and it can only prevent the virus from running AGAIN, instead of just preventing it from running.

QUESTION?

Now will "Super Shield" prevent the "win 7" virus from running on my CPU?

KAHN

I just wanted to let you know that you are exactly right. You will see more and more of this type of virus protection. I believe you will see Microsoft will adopt this technology in 2012.