Sign in to follow this  
swofky

Can't Activate Pcmatic

I have an HP G72 notebook that is 6 months old and is having some problems. It is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit; has an Intel Pentium CPU P6100 @ 2.00GHz; 6 GB RAM; and 300 GB HDD. Yesterday, I purchased PCMatic for 5 computers. This notebook is the 3rd one I installed it on; however, I can't activate it. I get an error message saying the email I'm trying to use is already registered, please use another email. When I do that, I get another error message that simply says "Error modifying account."

Anyone know how I can get the program to activate so I can see if it will help the problems the computer is having?

Thanks!

Swofky

:wp:

For additional computers you do not register or activate the program, you just install the software and login.

Please try this:

1) Open the PC Matic program

2) In the lower left corner, if the icon says Logout, click on "Logout', then click on 'Login'. If the icon says Login, click on 'Login'

3) At the login screen enter the same email address and the password as was used for the original activation. If you need a password lookup, you can do that from here: http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/email_my_password.asp?

4) Click the red 'Login' button

5) At the top of the PC Matic window, verify that your name, email address, and license key are correctly displayed. If they are not correct, click on 'Logout' and login again.

6) Once the login information is correctly displayed, click on the 'Scan' icon.

Glad to hear that worked. Thanks for letting us know. :tup: