Change Mode

Hi all, my son has the recycler virus on his comp. It's running win xp. He is unable to get on the net, when he opens firefox it says it's already running. He has a folder called recycler and some shortcuts on his drive. Can someone please tell me if I can download anything on my comp (put onto memory stick) and transfer it to his comp and run it? I'm guessing it would need to be done in safe mode.

Many thanks

Julie

The Recycler Virus takes advantage of the Windows Autorun feature in order to sneak into your computer. Since this virus copies itself to all active drives in your PC, it can eventually consume precious space. It will also try to contact other malicious sites the moment you go online so your system can slow down to a crawl.

First read this http://technology.ezinemark.com/how-to-remove-recycler-virus-in-5-steps-1732d281985.html

Once you've done the above, see if the infected computer can now download Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware

to the desktop

http://www.softpedia.com/get/Antivirus/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware.shtml

* Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

* At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

* If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

* Once the program has loaded, select Perform full scan, then click Scan.

* When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

* Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

* When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. Copy and Paste that log into your next reply.

Hi, Thanks, I have done what it says and cannot find it, there is no autorun inf and all the folders are folders and not applications :pullhair: He did show me the folder which was named recycler, but I can't remember where it was. I'll ask him when he gets home.

Thanks

Julie :)

Edited by ilikenemo