Change Mode

Can't Remove

karol

I have a problem: I must have downloaded a program and I don't what, but now when I do my clean up with my superspy to get rid of any Superantispy it always shows up in there. It's My Web Search / Fun Web Products. It shows 140 when my spyware is done. We've taken it out of the registry and everything that says My Web Seach but it's still there.

Please help me get rid of the. It's not in the Control Panel either.

Thanks,

Karol

>>>>>>>>> topic moved to Virus forum

I assume that when you state that it isn't in the Control Panel, you mean "Add Remove Programs". If not, then that'll be the first place to start.

Also, boot your computer into Safe Mode, tap the "F8" key while booting, then using the arrow keys of your keyboard, choose Safe Mode, then hit the Enter Key.

Run your scans and remove all items found this way.

:) Y

I've already tried that but can't find it. We've taken it out of the registry but when I do the Superantispy it says there are 140 my web search/fun web products still in there.

thanks,

karol

I've already tried that but can't find it. We've taken it out of the registry but when I do the Superantispy it says there are 140 my web search/fun web products still in there.

thanks,

karol

Where does it say that it's located? My guess would be that it is being discovered in your System Restore points.

To flush your restore points, just follow the guide associated with your version of Windows here: http://www.ehow.com/how_6882515_flush-system-restore.html

After turning system restore off, reboot your computer and go back and re-enable system restore. See if this clears out the scanners findings.

:) Y

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry it took so long to get back to you, but got the problem solved. We found more of the fun products in the system and took them out. Now they are all gone.

Thanks for you help.

Karol

Archived